Elation balconies?

We are sailing on the August 6th six day Elation cruise. Have booked a guarantee OV, but really want a balcony. Does anyone know how many, if any, are available on her? I check Carnival's site daily and they are never available. Has anyone tried to upgrade upon embarkation? :confused: Thanks.

The fantasy class ships do not have balcony cabins only Cat. 11 and 12 suites. The suites have balconies. There is not very many and they go fast. In my opinion they are not worth the price difference. And I'm a balcony snob....

We are sailing on the August 6th six day Elation cruise. Have booked a guarantee OV, but really want a balcony. Does anyone know how many, if any, are available on her? I check Carnival's site daily and they are never available. Has anyone tried to upgrade upon embarkation? :confused: Thanks.

First of all there are 26 Category 11 balconies available on the Verandah Deck. 6 of those are obstructed.

Pics and info on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Secondly there are 28 Category 12 balconies available on the Upper Deck. None of those are obstructed.

Pics and info on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

Thirdly, this is seeming to be a very popular cruise itinerary so far, so it is extremely unlikely ever to get an upgrade upon embarkation.

If you have a PVP or a TA, then be sure to keep on them to watch for any opening up every day. Or get you on a waiting list. Also, the one best shot you have is getting closer to the 30 day before the cruise mark. That is when people will cancel, or whenever the various days out that people can cancel without losing their deposit.

Hope this helps.

CJW

Archived