What exactly is the SOFABED

eponym

Is it a compromise, negative or a versatile AND comfortable PLUS from having simply a second twin bed in the cabin?

Very excited about booking the Splendor. The cabin shows a config of one twin and one sofabed with coffee table,2 portholes TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer, wall safe; minibar; 3-closets.

dude its a sofabed I think you know what a sofa bed is and how good it feels. Im sure it will work for you.

Actually, I have never met a convertible sofa or couch that I found remotely comfortable.

I do think that the Carnival beds are very comfortable, but have no information or experience with their sofa beds--hence the request for info and feedback.

The sofa doesn't really convert into a bed....the steward puts sheets and blankets on it and voila! a single bed. My gd preferred it on Liberty. She said it was very comfortable.

damn thats how they do the sofabed :eek: maby good for a little girl or boy but dont know about an adult cant wait to see what someone says about that.

damn thats how they do the sofabed :eek: maby good for a little girl or boy but dont know about an adult cant wait to see what someone says about that.

On all of the sofabeds we have had, the couch actually folds down into a bed for 2. The steward/ess would make it up each evening and morning such as any other turn down service. Very nice.

I've never seen one that made up for two people, but the ones I have seen amounted to the back cushions being removed, then sheets made up just like a regular bed. The only uncomfortable part is the fact there's a ridge across the middle in the upholstery. Other than that, they are quite firm, but quite comfy.

I've never seen one that made up for two people, but the ones I have seen amounted to the back cushions being removed, then sheets made up just like a regular bed. The only uncomfortable part is the fact there's a ridge across the middle in the upholstery. Other than that, they are quite firm, but quite comfy.

Exactly! On both the ships that I have been on (Spirit and Conquest classes) it was a sofa with the back cushions removed with sheets and blankets added. I slept on it one night and it wasn't too bad. No springs to poke you or anything since you are basically sleeping on a big cushion.

I'm 5'10 and sleep on the "sofa bed" every time we go on a cruise, now. I let my mom (who's 6'1") sleep on the two twin beds pushed together. My 15-year-old brother (who's now 6'5") would sleep on the pull-down bed (the one that pulls out from the ceiling), but now that he's so tall (it's been two years since our last cruise), we may have to reconfigure things for our August Miracle cruise.

I didn't see the sofa bed as too uncomfortable, myself. Of course, on a cruise, I'd stay awake as long as humanly possible, so by the time I turned in, I'd be too exhausted to notice (unless my mom was snoring). :)

xoxo

Maggi

Does anyone know what kind of blankets are on the sofa bed? Is it a duvet/down comforter like the regular beds?

When we had a Cat12 on the Ecstasy, it was a pull-out from the sectional sofa and they set it up with the duvet/down comforter. Only drawback was that it didnt fold up very easily and was left open all day. So I kind of like the single sofa bed..done sleeping, put cushions back on. :)

Thanks!

We were on the Valor last July. My son (14, 5'6") slept on the sofa bed. It was definitely not as comfortable as the regular beds - no duvet, just sheets and blankets. He actually did one of those typical teenage boy dives onto the bed the first day and almost knocked the wind out of himself when it didn't "give" like a regular mattress! All that being said, he slept just fine (just as hard to wake up in the mornings as usual). Just don't expect them to be as comfy as the regular beds

Thats the Sofa Bed, they simply remove the back cushions and place them on the floor and make the sofa into a bed.

IMG_9863_800x533.jpg

Thank you for posting a photo and insight. We will roll with one of these cabins. Looks fine and the relative comments sound like it will work just fine.

Our son who is almost 6' slept on a sofa bed in a balcony cabin on the Sensation. He was too tall for it. He managed. I offered to let him sleep in the bed and I would sleep on the sofa since I am alittle shorter than him. He said no. Next cruise we will either have to go up to a suite which I think has 2 double beds or find a cabin that has beds that he can fit in.

The sofa bed is just a couch that has cushions on the back. Remove the cushions and then you have a sofa bed.

On my last cruise, I knew I would be the one on the sofa bed. I bought an eggcrate full size pad from Walmart for about $12, put it in a "sucker bag" and compressed it. I carried it on in a duffle bag and asked the cabin steward to put it on the bed. It was a great choice and worked really well. It was no trouble at all. He did unmake the bed each day and stacked the linens on a chair out of the way, along with the pad. I left it there, not wanting to bring it home. I will do it again when I cruise with two others next April.

I called Carnival because we also have a room with a "sofabed". The sales rep actually looked up our room number and said that yes it is a sofabed which is a bed that folds out from the couch. I gathered from our conversation, there are two different kinds of couces - one that folds out and one that you just remove the back cushions

Archived