RCL Shares bought in the UK-Advice needed

We have decided to buy some RCL shares to get the on board credit,however we have been told we must have the certificate and because these shares are traded in the USA and not London [we are from the UK]we have to pay £50 to get this certificate.The shares could be held with the stockbroker but he is advising us that we have to present this certificate to RCL to obtain OBC.The shares are trading around the $41-$42 dollars so we must purchase 100, then we have the traders fees and now it seems there is an additional £50 to obtain this certificate.Could someone tell me if this info is correct.

You only require a copy of the statement for RCCL. As far as actually buying them go - well that is something you need to decide for yourself....

I don't see it as a stock you can earn lots of money with but if you cruise with RCCL or X regularly those OBC sum up quite well. Then there are still the dividends - they are not much but they do come regularly.

Thank you all very much for your responses they were most helpful.I contacted my broker stating that RCL do not need the certificate ,that a current brokerage statement would suffice.I was then told for them to store the shares electronically there is a charge of £30 per annum,so I have decided to buy the certificate.I thought it was a good idea to buy some shares as I never really expected to make any substantial profit but I did not realise there would be so many additional charges.If I cruise 10 times a year and live to be a 100 I will have recouped my investment!!

Archived