Progreso Resort Beach Break?

KarenGip

My hubby and I are considering signing up for the Progreso Resort Beach Break through Carnival's excursions. Is it a good time? Anyone done it before?

We have cruised the Western Caribbean a few times, but never to Progreso...also our first time on Carnival!

We leave in 22 days out of Galveston.......

Carnival Ecstasy 07/14/07

Thanks!

Karen

We live in San Antonio, and get down to the coast often....

This cruise is a long, overdue vacation for just the two of us, and we are hoping to spend some time in the sun, enjoying each other's company. A stroll on the beach, a couple lounge chairs, and some fru fru drinks...that's all we need! (ok, he wants beer....lol)

If you're interested the Progreso beach is long and wide. Very good restaurants accross the street and if you wish they will serve you on the beach. Just three blocks from where the courtesy bus will drop you.

H is right about the beach. You can take the bus to town, walk a couple blocks and be on the beach. Coronas were $1 apiece when we were there and Le Saint Bennoit (did I spell that right,H?) serves some mighty yummy food. No need to pay $ for this trip if a beach is all that you want..

If you seriously want a resort, don't pass up a trip to Reef Yucatan Resort. If you like to lay around a pool and drink Pina Coladas, this is the place to be. It is all inclusive and runs about $30@.;)

Hey C. Hope you're doing well. I've started searching for airfares to Merida. Not good. If I can snag a deal, I'll stay three weeks this time. If not......... It's hell to be poor. I have pics of the Reef Yucatan.

Hey C. Hope you're doing well. I've started searching for airfares to Merida. Not good. If I can snag a deal, I'll stay three weeks this time. If not......... It's hell to be poor. I have pics of the Reef Yucatan.

Hola H,

I know what you mean about being poor and the cost of airfares. We are flying our DD and her BF home from Philly next month. And I was saving my airmiles to fly to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise.:( Oh well, Maybe next year.

I've got some nice pictures of RY, too, but I'm not computer literate enough to post them. Duh!!

• 2 months later...

I assume the Fantasy will be calling at Progreso- does anyone know times?

Long enough to take a look at Merida and do a little hanging out at a beach? I don't want the beach hotel/tourist visit,I would like to see the real town.

It looks like it will be 7-4 on the fantasy. They are taking 2 hours away from Cozumel. I am very disappointed about that.

Progreso is a LOT farther from Cozumel than Costa Maya is, so I'm sure it couldn't be avoided.

I know it could not be avoided. I'm not blaming Carnival. I just would rather have extra time at Cozumel than Progresso. The beach is our thing, and we wanted as much time as possible in Cozumel for that. However,I have chosen to forgo shopping in Cozumel now, so it will still work out great. Besides, I've heard the deals are better in Progresso anyway:)

I know it could not be avoided. I'm not blaming Carnival. I just would rather have extra time at Cozumel than Progresso. The beach is our thing, and we wanted as much time as possible in Cozumel for that. However,I have chosen to forgo shopping in Cozumel now, so it will still work out great. Besides, I've heard the deals are better in Progresso anyway:)

What hours are posted for Cozumel now for the fantasy?

I am sure that they could leave Progreso an hour earlier ,

seeing that isnt even really a scheduled port for anyone ...

that way we could arrive in Cozumel only one hour late ...

instead of 2 hours ...

I wish that they would do that too! But I am going to make lemonade out of my lemons:D

I am sure that they could leave Progreso an hour earlier ,

seeing that isnt even really a scheduled port for anyone ...

that way we could arrive in Cozumel only one hour late ...

instead of 2 hours ...

Given that the ruins are about 2 hours from the port in Progreso, it is probably impossible to shorten the stay there by an hour without eliminating the ability of ruins excursions, which would disappoint many passengers.

Given that the ruins are about 2 hours from the port in Progreso, it is probably impossible to shorten the stay there by an hour without eliminating the ability of ruins excursions, which would disappoint many passengers.

It depends on which ruins you want to see. Dzibalchaltun, Xcambo and several smaller ones are close to town.. I don't think it is 2 hours to Uxmal.

Archived