Menu order for Western Carib. on Caribbean Princess

elephant98

Greetings. I intend to make dinner reservations at both Sterlings and Sabatini's onboard the Caribbean Princess for our upcoming Western Caribbean sailing. But, I'd like to know the menu order for the main dining room, so I can choose which night to make my reservations. From visiting the http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com website, I've seen the menus for the nights. But, I still can't even determine which menu goes with which night. And, I can't tell it from reading the daily Patters either.

So far, I've learned that the menus are: Sailaway, Italian, Captain's Welcome, Caribbean, Captain's Gala, Chef's, and Landfall.

The Sailaway dinner is obviously the first night (Sunday) And, from reading a few random posts on this site, Caribbean looks to be the second night (monday), and Italian is on the fourth night (Wednesday). I'm assuming that the Captain's Gala is probably one of the formal nights (Tuesday or Thursday).

If anyone can confirm my information and/or fill in the blanks, I'd appreciate it. (I've also read that the menu order is available when I board the ship, at the purser's desk. Hopefully, that's true).

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from the June 24th Western Caribbean sailing on the Caribbean Princess. Since I now know the answer to my own question, I thought that I would post it. Here goes --

Sunday (day 1) - Sailaway Dinner

Monday (day 2) - Caribbean Dinner

Tuesday (day 3) - Captain's Welcome Dinner - formal night

Wednesday (day 4) - Italian Dinner

Thursday (day 5) - Captain's Gala Dinner - formal night

Friday (day 6) - Chef's Dinner

Saturday (day 7) - Landfall Dinner

Oh, and the menus listed on the http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com website are still accurate.

Glad to help.

Also, if you are interested in casual eating at the buffet, Cafe Caribe has nightly offerings. Some of it is the exact same food offered in the dining room on that night (i.e., Turkey and Beef Wellington), but that is in addition to an exclusively themed dinner (i.e., Mexican or Creole night).

Something that you shouldn't miss is the "Seafood Extravaganza" that is offered in the buffet on the first night (Sunday) and the second formal night (Thursday). You get all-you-can-eat lobster claws, alaskan king crab and medium sized shrimp cocktail. Because we ate at 8 pm on those nights, we had plenty of time to indulge in a little pre-dinner delight. (On that note, if you are an "any time" diner and prefer to eat late, I suggest you make reservations in advance . . . especially on the formal nights. Otherwise, you'll get stuck with a beeper).

I just returned from the June 24th Western Caribbean sailing on the Caribbean Princess. Since I now know the answer to my own question, I thought that I would post it. Here goes --

Sunday (day 1) - Sailaway Dinner

Monday (day 2) - Caribbean Dinner

Tuesday (day 3) - Captain's Welcome Dinner - formal night

Wednesday (day 4) - Italian Dinner

Thursday (day 5) - Captain's Gala Dinner - formal night

Friday (day 6) - Chef's Dinner

Saturday (day 7) - Landfall Dinner

Oh, and the menus listed on the http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com website are still accurate.

Thanks for posting this. I have updated my website to reflect the correct menu order.Now if I could only find the Eastern order.

Bill

Archived