Cruise insurance: Access America

DonnaK

Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with this insurance company?

They have a "kids free" family plan for $107 for four travelers. It looks comparable to all the other plans, but I'm not sure. (The quote I got on insuremytrip was actually double the price, however I don't think they calcualted in the kids free)

I don't usually get insurance, so I have no experience at all and would appreciate any advice you all have. I bought it through the travel agent last year (for the first time b/c my elderly mom was traveling with us) and paid nearly $300, and from what I read here, I'm sure I can do better purchasing it on my own.

I've had to make two claims with AA, and they were great. One was for a missed cruise due to pneumonia and another was a cruise for which I had to miss the first 6 days for a cruise in Asia, due to illness. I got a full refund for the first cruise and a prorated refund for the second, plus they paid for the change in air and the one night in the hotel before the cruise.

Archived