Does anyone know the appropriate attire for the Windjammer cafe for evening?

Windjammer for the evening is casual to very casual. You could wear just about anything as long as it is not a bathing suit. The dining room has a dress code but the Windjammer really does not

Ok, interesting, because I was reading past boards and some of them said

-No shorts

-and to wear slacks and a pair of dress pants for dinner

which didn't really make since to me

The No shorts,dress pants is for the dining room, the windjammer is the buffet.

When dining in Windjammer, one needs to concentrating on a wardrobe selection that does not suggest that one is putting on "airs" , so to speak. Far too often a novice cruiser is critiqued for "overdressing" in Windjammer, rather than under-dressing.

So before leaving, take a look at two outfits. Pick the more understated Van Halen T-shirt over something upscale like the Springfield Community College T-Shirt. Just because you made it through 2 semesters of diesel engine repair does not mean you have to make the rest of us feel inferior. :p

Freedom of the Seas Compass said the suggested evening attire in the Windjammer is casual but no baseball caps or tank tops for men. I found that really surprising because I have seen both in the Windjammer at night. The buffet is usually about as casual as things get on a ship.

I can't imagine anyone trying to impose those restrictions anyway, if they don't impose clothing guidelines in other venues on the ship.

So before leaving, take a look at two outfits. Pick the more understated Van Halen T-shirt over something upscale like the Springfield Community College T-Shirt. Just because you made it through 2 semesters of diesel engine repair does not mean you have to make the rest of us feel inferior. :p

A Van Halen T-shirt is pretty dressy compared to a Marilyn Manson T-shirt!!:D

Archived