Which iten is better ? caribbean....

melika091900

Our good friends want to book their 1st cruise to the caribbean and since weve only been to jamaica, and cozumel, I was wondering which iten is better ? as far as the ports ? they love to do water sports. snorkeling, shopping etc...

heres the choices

Cruise line: Celebrity Ship name: MillenniumShip rating: cruisestar4plus.gif2_2_CELEBLOGO_CP1_f.GIF

Ports of call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Labadee, Haiti; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

or

Cruise line: Celebrity Ship name: ConstellationShip rating: cruisestar4plus.gif2_2_CELEBLOGO_CP1_f.GIF

Ports of call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

any opinions from anyone ??? also they are taking an 8 year old...

thanks

Melissa

Hi Melika !

If you have the extra 3 days (10 days vs 7 days), go for the Constellation 10 night Ultimate Caribbean itinerary. We have done both itineraries several times. Hands down, Constellation is the best of the 2 options. I feel that Constellation's 10 night Ultimate Caribbean is the best Caribbean itinerary that Celebrity has.

Whatever Celebrity ship/itinerary you choose, you will have a great time, so dont worry. Enjoy your Cruise !

Labadee is a great stop for the 8 year old and some of the port stops are shorter and might be better suited as a half day and back on board to relax and slow down. 8 is not a nap age, but full day touring is hard on adults, and pressing kids endure more sometimes creates stress.

The Constellation intinerary is just amazing, and my favorite so far, including islands that are best enjoyed on a full day basis.

We have been to every port (except Nevis) on the Constellation's itinerary and would go back again to each one in a heartbeat. We take a taxi to a good beach for a few hours. We do practically no shopping. We are totally water-focused and have had good experiences in these ports. (However, we are both very strong swimmers and we don't have children, so I usually look for beaches that have enough wave action to give us a workout.)

Most beaches that I've found in the Caribbean are pretty tame compared to the Jersey Shore on Long Beach Island where I learned to swim in the ocean as a child. The taxi drivers have generally been good resources in taking us to safe beaches, but I also do considerable research in guidebooks like Fodors and Frommers and on Tripadvisor.com so I have an idea where I'd like to spend the day.

Have fun.

Susan

Archived