Denali Lakeview Inn

LEtue

Anyone stayed here? We're considering this Inn in conjunction with our Denalli visit in August 2008. We will have a car so being outside the park is not a problem. TripAdvisor rates them #1 so that is a good sign :)

Anyone stayed here? We're considering this Inn in conjunction with our Denalli visit in August 2008. We will have a car so being outside the park is not a problem. TripAdvisor rates them #1 so that is a good sign :)

Yes. My wife and I and her parents stayed at Denali Lakeview Inn for three nights last week. We made our reservations in August 2006 and that was not too early. We had rooms on the bottom floor for our first two nights. The views were good from the lower floor but nicer from our second floor room as you would expect.

The "resident" moose and her two calves were there. I took some pictures of them at "midnight" next to the lake after returning from the late Cabin Nite Dinner Theatre show. The Inn is about a 10 minute drive to the park entrance. I am not a golfer but there is a course close to the Inn if of interest. And, yes I would recommend them and stay there again if we ever return to Denali.

Enjoy your trip!

bayview97, glad to hear that you enjoyed the Lakeview Inn. It seems to get great reviews and the 10 minute dirve to the park is actually a plus for me - to stay out of the congestion. I do hope the resident moose is there during our stay! I would love to see your pictures if you can post a link....

We're getting ready to reserve a room on the upper floor with a private deck so the views should be just what we're looking for!

bayview97, glad to hear that you enjoyed the Lakeview Inn. It seems to get great reviews and the 10 minute dirve to the park is actually a plus for me - to stay out of the congestion. I do hope the resident moose is there during our stay! I would love to see your pictures if you can post a link....

We're getting ready to reserve a room on the upper floor with a private deck so the views should be just what we're looking for!

LEtue,

We're still culling all of our trip photos and don't have a link, yet.

You'll love your third floor room and the views. The Inn is definitely away from "Glitter Gulch".

We just left there on Thursday. It was a wonderful place to stay. Close to the park, yet away from the tour busses. The view is wonderful, and we got to see the moose and only one calf. (Wonder where the other one went?) The breakfast was fine, and we brought our own food for lunch for the shuttle in Denali. Great stay!

Another option if someone wants something not quite as pricey is Denali River Cabins.. we opted to try to find somewhere a little less expensive but not in "glitter gulch" for our 3 nights in Denali.. they were charming, good location, near the river etc.. perhaps not the view but good continental breakfast included, shuttle picks ups and next to another place with a good restaurant.. we did an "independent tour" aka we picked the places but made one reservation.. this was 5 miles south of "glitter gulch" and 2 from park entrance.. we had a car..

It's also imperative to mention that you should not go to Denali without a reservation. Rooms are at a premium in the summer. Wife and I are trying the Parks Edge cabins with our nephew in a few weeks. They're located in Healy.

Another nephew last summer loved the Denali River Cabins. He really liked watching the river raft excursions depart from the ramp in front of the hotel. We hope to take him rafting when he comes up in about a month.

We just stayed there 2 weeks ago. We were also on the 3rd floor and loved the view of the lake. We were glad to be away from glitter gulch as well.

The rooms were very comfortable and they made us up lunches for our bus trip into Denali. Only had 1 complaint tho - the walls are very thin and there was a family with small children next to us who kept us awake fairly late both nights we were there. It wasn't that they were going crazy, but we could hear pretty much everything.

stired, I noticed the in the room notes there were connecting rooms so I was going to avoid booking one of those. Can you tell me what room you were in?

Host Caroline, thanks for the tip on the cabins. I will check those out too!

Hi,

We have rooms reserved on the 1st floor for the first night we're at the Inn but are moving to the second floor on the second night. I had hoped to get rooms on the second floor but they were no availible when I booked only 10 weeks in advance :>). What rooms were you in? We're doing an independant land tour before sailing RCI on 8/31. Thanks for the input.

Larry, that is great picture! Did you enjoy your stay and what room did you book?

We enjoyed our stay at there. We stayed in the Mountain Glow room on the bottom level and loved our view from there. I don't know that the Inn would have any rooms with a bad view. I wouldn't obsess too much as to what level you are on...

Larry

I do hope the resident moose is there during our stay!

We saw her and her calves the first night of our stay and again the following morning. We did not see them after that. I tried to add a couple of pics using the attachments options to this post but really don't know what I'm doing. :(

We enjoyed our stay at there. We stayed in the Mountain Glow room on the bottom level and loved our view from there. I don't know that the Inn would have any rooms with a bad view. I wouldn't obsess too much as to what level you are on...

Larry

Not worried as much about the view as much as not hearing the neighbors next door - late into the night as mentioned :(

We also stayed there a couple of weeks ago! One of the best places I've ever stayed! The manager Terri was so helpful and nice.

Loved the breakfast and how it is in your fridge in the moring. Each morning we would eat it on our deck.

We also had them ppack a lunch for us to bring into the park. it was a great deal at $9.00! We also took the leftovers from breakfast as a snack.

I liked being on the first floor because of the large decks and convience in brining luggage into your room, we pulled right up to the room and unloaded. My parents were on teh third floor, not fun lugging the luggage in.

Mosquitos were pretty bad when we were there.

I never did see the moose :( I even stayed up to look out for them.

Yes, the walls are pretty thin.

We had people next to us that got up very early, like 5:00 AM, I rather have someone stay up later and make noise, since I'm not a morning person. The TV was blasting and I could hear them out on their deck also. They were part of a larger group and they gathered nextdoor to us. I've come to expect noise at a certain level at hotels and Inns.

I was up in my parent's room one night and we were all watching a movie, it seemed like regular TV sound to me. Someone came up banged on the door and said she rather hear the sounds of nature than our TV @@. I think she could have said it nicer. It wasn't even late.

Hi,

We have rooms reserved on the 1st floor for the first night we're at the Inn but are moving to the second floor on the second night. I had hoped to get rooms on the second floor but they were no availible when I booked only 10 weeks in advance :>). What rooms were you in? We're doing an independant land tour before sailing RCI on 8/31. Thanks for the input.

Hi emliss,

We stayed in Sparkling Waters the first two nights, then moved to Purple Caribou on the second floor for our last night. My PIL's stayed in Swan Cove all three nights. Sparkling Waters and Swan Cove are adjoining rooms in the middle of the building. Both Swan Cove and Sparkling Waters have a jacuzzi tub and exterior entrances with semi-private deck. Purple Caribou is at the east end of the building and had a semi-private deck but no jacuzzi. All the rooms were nice. Also, the staff moved our bags to Purple Caribou when we changed rooms which was nice.

Now, if I can just figure out how to attach moose photos to my post..., I must be attachment challenged!:)

Mosquitos were pretty bad when we were there.

I never did see the moose :( I even stayed up to look out for them.

Thanks Cheryl, I'll make sure I have plenty of Deet!

And I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Moose!

Archived