*Hump Cabin Question*

The size of the stateroom and balcony isn't the reason people love these rooms.

It's because of their convenient location near the center of the ship and close to the stairs and elevators. Near the action. On a ship as large as a Voyager or Freedom Class location is very important. At least to us.

heh :D

no serious what is a hump cabin?

sorry im a newb

heh

Near the center of the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom Class ships the sides of the ship bump out. These "hump" rooms are favored by many due to their location.

hump.jpg.3f593fb5f0569b0eb15bcad80547a74c.jpg

Hello...Even though we have never stayed in a hump cabin on any of the Voyager Class ships, we always stay in a hump location cabin on the Radiance Class Ships.

I must respectfully disagree with the other post in that the reason everyone wants a hump cabin is for the location.

Even though I'm sure that is true for many passengers, it is also true that just as many passengers like the hump cabins because of the larger balconies and better view looking to the front and back of the ship because of the way it bows out.

For example, if you look at cabin 9078 on any Radiance Class ship, I can tell you that the balcony is double the size of any other balcony on the ship except for the cabins at the back of the ship such as cabin 9256.

We love 9078. The balcony is almost twice the size of the room itself. We had a table, two regular chairs, two long longe chairs, and since the elevators are to one side, you have much more privacy with no other cabin on one side of your cabin. We heard no noise at all. Would not get any other cabin on the ship, except for 9256 which we booked for next year.

Again, everyone has a different opinion and different tastes, so I am sure whatever choice you make will be an enjoyable one.

Good Luck

Dave

Love the hump cabins on Mariner, location is great and if you are truly mid hump you can see forward and aft!...Will have 9078 on Jewel in January and 8088 on Radiance in November...Those balconies are huge!...Thanks for the heads up Dave...Later, Jill:cool:

Hello...Even though we have never stayed in a hump cabin on any of the Voyager Class ships, we always stay in a hump location cabin on the Radiance Class Ships.

I must respectfully disagree with the other post in that the reason everyone wants a hump cabin is for the location.

Even though I'm sure that is true for many passengers, it is also true that just as many passengers like the hump cabins because of the larger balconies and better view looking to the front and back of the ship because of the way it bows out.

For example, if you look at cabin 9078 on any Radiance Class ship, I can tell you that the balcony is double the size of any other balcony on the ship except for the cabins at the back of the ship such as cabin 9256.

We love 9078. The balcony is almost twice the size of the room itself. We had a table, two regular chairs, two long longe chairs, and since the elevators are to one side, you have much more privacy with no other cabin on one side of your cabin. We heard no noise at all. Would not get any other cabin on the ship, except for 9256 which we booked for next year.

Again, everyone has a different opinion and different tastes, so I am sure whatever choice you make will be an enjoyable one.

Good Luck

Dave

Yes, the end hump staterooms on the Radiance Class ships have much larger balconies. It's on the Voyager and Freedom Class where the size of the balconies aren't much different. The main complaint about those Radiance Class rooms is you don't get much sunlight.

Hi Jill...We have been in both of the cabins you mentioned. WOW!! If you love to spend time on the balcony like we do for breakfast, late afternoon before dinner, and maybe before retiring for the evening, you are going to love these cabins. I do not know what more I can say about them, except I truely believe, that after you spend one cruise in one of those cabins, you might not want another cabin again.

From what I have been told, these cabins are the first to go because so many people have heard these positive comments.

Dave

Hi Jill...We have been in both of the cabins you mentioned. WOW!! If you love to spend time on the balcony like we do for breakfast, late afternoon before dinner, and maybe before retiring for the evening, you are going to love these cabins. I do not know what more I can say about them, except I truely believe, that after you spend one cruise in one of those cabins, you might not want another cabin again.

From what I have been told, these cabins are the first to go because so many people have heard these positive comments.

Dave

Yes they are usually the first to go on the Radiance class:D ...

DH (Dave) & I switched to 9078 on the Jewel since the price of the D1 was only 10.00 more than our orig. cabin 8088...and one deck closer to the Concierge Lounge:p ! Maybe our paths will cross on the high seas in the future...Later, Jill:cool:

Hi Jill...Happy to hear you switched to 9078. Conceirge Lounge is one floor below the room.

We are tyring a few different cruises over the next year.

1...Leaving October 28th from San Diego on the Dawn Princess to Mexican Riviera. Since we are already Diamond members, thought we would try Princess again, and we do like the Dawn.

2...We won a FREE cruise on January 19th, 2008 on Carnival to Eastern Caribbean. Do not prefer Carnival, but hey, it's FREE.

3...And we are just missing you next November. We are leaving on November 7th on Royal Caribbean Jewel to the Panama Canal, which we have never done and we took cabin 9256 on the back of the ship since it was open, and we have never tried that cabin. All of the comments about 9256 have been outstanding too.

Dave

Thanks everyone for your help!

I think we're gonna love our hump cabin. Is the space of the balcony only larger on the middle-hump cabins? As opposed to the side ones? :rolleyes:

SSMQ!

We had an end hump stateroom on Navigator and didn't feel the balcony was any larger than any other standard balcony room. It certainly couldn't fit any loungers.

Mother Hen...You are correct in that the balconys in middle of the ships or where the hump bows out are larger than the balconies on the side of the ship

Dave

Have you ever been in a hump stateroom on a Voyager Class ship to make that statement? I have. If there is a slight difference in balcony size it wouldn't make much of a difference as you can't fit any loungers. That's all that matters to us.

Hi Kewlguy...Not 100% sure, but I believe the hump cabins and their balcony size are different on the Voyager class ships compared to the Radiance class.

I know the balconies have more room at mid ship on the Radiance hump because we have been on both class ships at the same location.

I do know that cabin 9256 on the Radiance class at the back of the ship is huge! It is like a double balcony and it also wraps around the ship.

I am sure others who have more knowledge than me, will comment at some point, but I think the bottom line is that any of these cabins are great if you enjoy a balcony. If someone is a casual balcony person, I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Dave

Hi Kewlguy...Not 100% sure, but I believe the hump cabins and their balcony size are different on the Voyager class ships compared to the Radiance class.

I know the balconies have more room at mid ship on the Radiance hump because we have been on both class ships at the same location.

I do know that cabin 9256 on the Radiance class at the back of the ship is huge! It is like a double balcony and it also wraps around the ship.

I am sure others who have more knowledge than me, will comment at some point, but I think the bottom line is that any of these cabins are great if you enjoy a balcony. If someone is a casual balcony person, I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Dave

Certain Radiance Class hump balconies are huge. The end ones for instance as an example. Not the case on Voyager Class. There may be a slight difference in balcony size on the hump but not to the extremes as on Radiance Class. Now on Freedom Class the balconies can easily fit two loungers. Although the staterooms on Freedom Class seem smaller. I guess you have to give a little to get a little.

Good Luck

Dave

Thanks everyone for your help!

I think we're gonna love our hump cabin. Is the space of the balcony only larger on the middle-hump cabins? As opposed to the side ones? :rolleyes:

SSMQ!

Hump cabins and balconies are no different on Voyager and Freedom class ships than the standard balconies and cabins. Sorry. Radiance class humps are the ones with larger balconies.

Thanks for the update and information. There is so much to absorb and sometimes it gets confusing. That's why this forum is great, so I can learn some new things for myself, and to hopefully help out some fellow cruisers.

Thanks again!!

Hump cabins and balconies are no different on Voyager and Freedom class ships than the standard balconies and cabins. Sorry. Radiance class humps are the ones with larger balconies.

All the Freedom Class balconies are huge. Hump and non hump. That was the biggest surprise for us on the Liberty of the Seas. For us, size does matter when the subject of balconies are discussed. :)

Hi Jill...Happy to hear you switched to 9078. Conceirge Lounge is one floor below the room.

We are tyring a few different cruises over the next year.

1...Leaving October 28th from San Diego on the Dawn Princess to Mexican Riviera. Since we are already Diamond members, thought we would try Princess again, and we do like the Dawn.

2...We won a FREE cruise on January 19th, 2008 on Carnival to Eastern Caribbean. Do not prefer Carnival, but hey, it's FREE.

3...And we are just missing you next November. We are leaving on November 7th on Royal Caribbean Jewel to the Panama Canal, which we have never done and we took cabin 9256 on the back of the ship since it was open, and we have never tried that cabin. All of the comments about 9256 have been outstanding too.

Dave

Can't beat a free cruise, even if it is Carnival:D!...We went to the Panama Canal on Coral Princess (she was brand new) and had a great time.

Have never done Mex. Riv but it is on the "to do" list...Enjoy your cruising... & will look forward to a review of 9256:p ...

Isn't the CL one floor above??? Later, Jill:cool:

All the Freedom Class balconies are huge. Hump and non hump. That was the biggest surprise for us on the Liberty of the Seas. For us, size does matter when the subject of balconies are discussed. :)

I get that. I have been on Freedom. What I meant was that on Freedom and Voyager class ships, the hump cabin balconies are no larger than the rest of the balconies. Yes, Freedom class are larger than Voyager class balconies, but the hump balconies on Freedom are no larger than the rest of the balconies on Freedom.

A deck 7 aft was available on my next Radiance sailing but I have bad aft-luck (every time I book one, something bad happens to the cruise, like it gets cancelled or chartered) so I took the starboard aft-hump-end 9594 - the deckplan makes the balcony look huge, but is it really that big? Anyone been in 9594? Hope I made the right choice!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Do any fellow cruisers know how good these 2 cabins are on Freedom Class Ships (Independence)

Has any one stayed in either? Is the balcony a fair size and is the view in the prom one of the Dog and Badger?

We have booked both of these rooms and are hoping they are good choices.

Thanks in anticipation for any comments

Debbie and Frank- booked 7338

Sailing with Bill and Bern- booked 7283

on 2/9/09 Canaries Cruise IOS:p

Archived