Detox Spa Therapy??

knighthawke

My mom did it on our Glory cruise. I think she lost 1/4" overall and they took a lot of measurements. The spa people will tell you that you have to do a "series of treatments" to see an appreciable difference. My mom enjoyed it, but I think it's a lot of baloney. I'd rather spend my money on a massage and a facial. :D

Joanne

:o I've done it...not on a cruise, but at a local salon a few years ago.

If you really needed to lose a couple of inches to fit into something for a special occasion, and have money to flush (pun intended) away...go for it.

They measure you loosely the initial measurement, and then it appears that you've lost inches when they re-measure you after the "treatment".

Basically they smear some junk on your body, wrap you in saran wrap or "special Egyptian gauze treated with secret herbs of the Gods", throw a heated blanket over you, and you take a nap.

They come back in a while and ........woo hoo....you've lost 3 inches. 1/4 in each bicep, 1/4 in each thigh, 1/4 in each finger, and mostly from your wallet.

Oh, and don't drink anything afterwards or that special outfit will burst at the seams as your body rehydrates.

I had this treatment on the Fascination. I do not remember losing inches. It felt really great and was relaxing, but I had a huge headache when it was over. They told me it was from "detoxing" my system. Would I do it again? No...but I would recommend the hot stone massage if it is offered.

This is great information.......I think I definitely will pass on the detox. Last time the wife and I got a couples massage.....she did not like it that much but I loved it....so much I actually fell asleep the last 3-5 min *L*.

And.....I have to admit.....(being a guy).....I got myself my very first facial on that cruise as well.......it was discounted and included some free other add-ins so I said "why not". Well it was almost as relaxing as a body massage and even my wife commented afterward that my face looked so much healthier and better! If I can get such a dicount this time I will do that again. But also definitely avoid the low pressure sale at the end.....:)

I wonder.....if I head to the spa when I furst board...if I can "volunteer" to be a demoperson for the spa tours :)) Would love a free treatment

When I got pregnant and had my child I got these brown pigmenting things on my face on my cheeks. Well, the whole cruise they kept advertising this facial that would remove blemishes, wrinkles and even help with my pigment. I went down and let them look at it and the girl said yea you will definately see a difference with that. So, well I booked it hoping it would lessen them just a little. When the girl was about done she told me that it was not gonna help me, there would be little change. Which really made me upset cuz I paid like 75.00 for this facial and it didnt help one bit. So dont think they wont "promise" you a miracle even tho they know it wont help. I wont ever fall for anything like that again....

Susan

Archived