Clothing question

esny21

I know the kinds of clothes I'm bringing on the cruise. Would just like to know the "weight." Do we wear our summerweight clothes, or winter weight clothes aboard ship in the evenings?

I'm layering for shore excursions, is it the same for the ship in the evenings?

We'll be sailing July 14 on the Diamond from Whittier to Vancouver.

Inside the ship you won't need to layer... for dinner I was more than warm enough in shirtsleeves... but a good thick coat when you're on deck for the glaciers can be a good idea....

Then again, in May, I was in just a polo shirt a couple of days... when it's sunny it's nice and warm, plus the humidity means that you are wet inside your waterproofs!!!

Watch out for the Maitre d' at the champagne waterfall, he likes to splash it all over! Maybe wear waterproofs over the tuxedo........

Well we are out here in the Pacific Northwest and last night it got down to 36 degrees if that tells you anything. Nights cool down out here in the Northwest - even in the summer so I would pack a lightweight jacket or sweater since I know it will be really cool on the water with the wind factor involved.

Show lounges and dining rooms aboard ship are often on the cool side - my wife always takes a "wrap" or sweater, and I take at least one cardigan sweater.

Layering is the secret for outdoors, both on ship and ashore.

The dining room and other public rooms are air-conditioned so bring/wear what you would normally wear in an air-conditioned room, keeping in mind that when it's empty, it'll be cooler than when there are a number of people there.

Archived