Who is best for tours in Alaska?

colmil

My partner & I are on the Voldendam in August, from previous experiences of cruises, I know that excursions can be very expensive so are there any alternatives to HAL own tours?

Many thanks from England.

I see no one has replied to your post yet. You may want to go over to Alaska's Ports of Call board. Many tour operaters are discussed over there. There are recommended tour guides depending upon what type tour you are interested in taking. I have found a ton good advice on it. Good luck.

I agree with QueenL. I have also been using these boards quite a bit and found the Alaska board very helpful. There are several vendors for each activity recommended there. Also, you are correct, by booking on your own you can save some money. If you have a specific tour you are looking for go to the search function and put it in and a lot of posts will probably come up. Don't know where you are going, but Whale Watches seem very popular in Juneau, we are going with Harv and Marv. Float plane to Misty Fjords (Ketchikan) is very popular with Island Wings, they were booked when we are there so we booked with SeaWind Aviation. We are doing the White Pass Railroad and renting a car in Skagway. Happy searching!

Archived