How early is too early to fly home?

Brenkel

We will be sailing on the Destiny on Oct.28th. We plan to fly into San Juan the day before, but we have to fly home the day we get off the ship. For the past month I have been checking flight prices. Our cheapest options has us leaving San Juan at 9:30a.m., and I'm very worried that we won't make that. Can anyone tell me how early is too early? We would self disembark. Thanks!

We will be sailing on the Destiny on Oct.28th. We plan to fly into San Juan the day before, but we have to fly home the day we get off the ship. For the past month I have been checking flight prices. Our cheapest options has us leaving San Juan at 9:30a.m., and I'm very worried that we won't make that. Can anyone tell me how early is too early? We would self disembark. Thanks!

I can say with about 99% that you will not be able to make that flight. Even if you plan on self-disembarking, I would not book anything earlier than noon. San Juan Airport can be quite congested.

Also, the reason that that flight is cheaper is that the Airlines know that cruisers will not be able to make that flight.

Joanne

Thanks for the reply! I figured that it would be near to impossible for us to make that flight. It is just hard to pay more for my kids' airfare than I did for their cruise fare!

I know how you feel. This past April, I sailed the Crown out of SJ, they were late starting the disembark, and I only got off the ship, it was around 10:30am. Thankfully, my flight was only for 2:15pm.

Good luck with your flights !!!!

Joanne

We were on the AOS 6/17 - 6/24 and were off the ship and

at the airport by 9:00. We did the preboarding through the ship and only had to go through security which was busy at that time. I would not think it to be a good idea to try for 9:30. Our flight was 11:25. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply! I figured that it would be near to impossible for us to make that flight. It is just hard to pay more for my kids' airfare than I did for their cruise fare!

Yep, 9:30 am is too early. May I ask where are you flying from?

We are fly from St. Louis, Missouri. I have given up on the 9:30 a.m. flight idea. I am now looking at a 2:15 or 4:15 flight home. That should give us time to get off the ship and get to the airport. Right now airfare prices are like a yo-yo. I guess because of the holiday coming up they have decided to raise the prices. Hopefully after the holiday airfare will go back down. If it does go down I will purchase it and just be happy that is finished!

Archived