Price Drop - when to call?

heelfan94

I noticed our January cruise dropped about $200. We're pretty far away from final payment. Should I call now, or wait and see if it drops further? This is my first experience with booking so many months in advance. :)

I noticed our January cruise dropped about $200. We're pretty far away from final payment. Should I call now, or wait and see if it drops further? This is my first experience with booking so many months in advance. :)

Call now - it could go up not down. If it drops again call again:)

Call now - it could go up not down. If it drops again call again:)

Thank you! I'm actually thinking about emailing my PCC and bumping up to AD from AE. The difference is not that much now. I do love 8202 on the Sun. :o

Hate to sound toop dumb, but how do you check the rates? Are you doing it through NCL; if so , I already have a much lower rate than is shown there... Just a newbie to this stuff.. Thanks.

You can check rates by using the NCL website, or any online travel site, and go through the motions of booking the cruise to see what price comes up. I do this everyday for a handful of cruises I'm looking at. :)

And as a follow up, I did upgrade to the AD (8202). I haven't been in the forward AE before but I'm sure it's great. We stayed in 8202 in January '06 and really had a ball. That was our first penthouse and we were spoiled by our Butlers. Henry and Rommel were wonderful to the kids. It was $200 per person to upgrade to the AD, and for my family it's worth it. Plus I'm months away from final payment so (thanks to CC) I'm watching the price daily for any drops. Thanks to everyone for you input and help. Of course you're enabling me as a cruise addict......but I'm okay with that. ;):)

I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. :o

The price on my cruise has dropped. I upgraded to the AD cabin (online it shows a price difference of $800) but when I got my new invoice it lists the increase as $1100. I emailed my PCC who wrote back that it's a special promotion through a credit card and I'm not eligible. But when I go through the booking process online it doesn't ask me for any code - it just gives the lower price. Any advice?

I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. :o

The price on my cruise has dropped. I upgraded to the AD cabin (online it shows a price difference of $800) but when I got my new invoice it lists the increase as $1100. I emailed my PCC who wrote back that it's a special promotion through a credit card and I'm not eligible. But when I go through the booking process online it doesn't ask me for any code - it just gives the lower price. Any advice?

I would ask her to make you eligible. I am sure with a little work she could make that happen. I would go capture or print the screen shot from the booking engine to document the current price. It might take some time to get it done. If she is unwilling to try and make it happen for you a series of positive escalations might be needed.

Good luck

I would ask her to make you eligible. I am sure with a little work she could make that happen. I would go capture or print the screen shot from the booking engine to document the current price. It might take some time to get it done. If she is unwilling to try and make it happen for you a series of positive escalations might be needed.

Good luck

Thanks, Shoreguy. I've been back to the NCL site a few times now to make sure I'm not crazy. ;) It will let me book an AD at the lower price, so why can't I have mine lowered? I guess I could cancel and rebook. $300 is a lot of money when you have kids. :o

I just got an email from my PCC, and she says the pricing dept. agreed to apply the Amex promo to my reservation. I still don't understand why I could pull up the lower price on the NCL booking engine, but they were saying it was because of a promo code. When I did it myself I didn't need a code at all. Anyway, I got what I want and that's the important thing. Thanks to all for the great advice.

Shoreguy, I'll take good care of 8202. ;)

Archived