Traveling with cochlear implants

katebaby2

Hello,

My husband and I will be first-time cruisers in March '08 with our 4 children, two of which have cochlear implants. My question is: has anyone had the experience of charging batteries and using Dri-aid boxes on a cruise? I am just concerned about whether or not the cruise will have sufficient (consistant) electrical current to charge our batteries each night. Others have suggested to bring a power strip which we will surely do...but just wondered about anyone else's experience. I know not all cochlear implants use the batteries we do...but hoped for a little help! Thanks in advance!

-Katebaby2

Like I said on your other thread, I called Cochlear (the people who make the devices) yesterday, and they said to use a surge protector instead of just a regular power strip. I order Cochlear implants (and have been for a couple of years now) and I talked to our regular CSR about this. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you their 800# so you could talk to them your self. I understand that you really need a comfort level with this issue, and I certainly don't blame you for that.

Archived