bringing beverages on board

Bvillemom3

We are going on our first cruise in August on the Imagination. I have heard that you can bring beverages on board ie.. wine and hard liquor.

can anyone help me with this? Is this true?:confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic...:) ...You can bring wine,I think 2 bottles per person...But you cannot bring liquor....Some people sneak it on in their checked luggage...Have a great cruise...:)

Wine, yes, hard liquor, no. Beer, no. White lightening, no. Sake, no. Hard cider, no. Hard lemonade, no. Picking up on the trend?

Soda, some. bottled water, some.

I assume you meant without smuggling. Smuggling, its whatever you can get away with.

You read about people falling overboard? That's from smuggling! Not because they were drunk. They get thrown over because they were caught smuggling. Its the law of the sea, you could look it up.

Dan

We just sailed on the Carnival Miracle and we brought on a whole case of bottled water and Caffine free diet Coke (stuffed into luggage and carry on bags). We didn't want to pay $1.75 for a bottle of water from the bar nor $3.50 for the bottle in our room. And, Carnival doesn't offer Caffine free diet Coke so we brought that along too. No problems ... however, we weren't carrying on any liquor. Good luck!!!:D

Dan!:D Scare anybody to death, man!

Bville - What friend Dan meant to say is that you can bring a reasonable amount of soft drinks on board, and a bottle of wine each, but no, any other alcoholic beverages, including beer, is not allowed. There's a possibility of being confiscated. You can certainly take your chances like many others do.;)

Dan!:D Scare anybody to death, man!

Bville - What friend Dan meant to say is that you can bring a reasonable amount of soft drinks on board, and a bottle of wine each, but no, any other alcoholic beverages, including beer, is not allowed. There's a possibility of being confiscated. You can certainly take your chances like many others do.;)

MOI?

Dan

We are going on our first cruise in August on the Imagination. I have heard that you can bring beverages on board ie.. wine and hard liquor.

One bottle of wine per person in carry on. Stick hard liquor in your checked luggage....

I would not recommend smuggling cans of anything...one might get punctured.:eek: I managed to smuggle a whole case of Michelob Ultra plastic bottles and a plastic bottle of Captain. All we had to do was by a coupe Cokes from the bar. Well worth lugging the 30 pound baggage through MIA airport!

I just printed out my paperwork. It says one bottle of wine, and that's it. No other alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages. Am I going to try to bring on a six pack of water and a six pack of root beer in my carryon? Yup..and if they confiscate it, it's theirs.

I just printed out my paperwork. It says one bottle of wine, and that's it. No other alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages. Am I going to try to bring on a six pack of water and a six pack of root beer in my carryon? Yup..and if they confiscate it, it's theirs.

Might want to re-read it...here is the policy. You can bring on a small amount non-alcoholic beverages(who knows what that means :) )

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.

All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

I would not recommend smuggling cans of anything...one might get punctured.:eek: I managed to smuggle a whole case of Michelob Ultra plastic bottles and a plastic bottle of Captain. All we had to do was by a coupe Cokes from the bar. Well worth lugging the 30 pound baggage through MIA airport!

I've put both cans and plastic bottles in my luggage for each cruise, and I don't understand why you recommend against cans. Plastic is easier to puncture, and hopefully people are smart enough not to pack toiletries or drinks with a pair of scissors. So what's going to puncture the cans - the socks or tee shirts?

Friends of ours took 2 liters from soda and put their liquor in them because they didn't want to pack glass bottles.

I've put both cans and plastic bottles in my luggage for each cruise, and I don't understand why you recommend against cans. Plastic is easier to puncture, and hopefully people are smart enough not to pack toiletries or drinks with a pair of scissors. So what's going to puncture the cans - the socks or tee shirts?

Friends of ours took 2 liters from soda and put their liquor in them because they didn't want to pack glass bottles.

Cheap Coor's light can versus sturdy plastic Michelob Ultra bottle. I'm putting my money on the bottle. Just for the record, our little mishap happened when one of the porters was throwing our luggage around....so your answer is neither!:)

Might want to re-read it...here is the policy. You can bring on a small amount non-alcoholic beverages(who knows what that means :) ).

Actually, my reading skills are pretty good. This is from my paperwork, that I just printed, and stupid me assumed that was the policy. It obviously reads differently from what you posted, so now the guessing is which do we go by. What I just printed, or the FAQ's you found on line. I don't intend to smuggle my beverages on board, but to carry them boldly in my carryon:

From page 2 of my paperwork:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages onboard. (bold is mine) However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Actually, my reading skills are pretty good. This is from my paperwork, that I just printed, and stupid me assumed that was the policy. It obviously reads differently from what you posted, so now the guessing is which do we go by. What I just printed, or the FAQ's you found on line. I don't intend to smuggle my beverages on board, but to carry them boldly in my carryon:

From page 2 of my paperwork:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages onboard. (bold is mine) However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

this policy was put into place during spring break and then changed to again allow reasonable amounts of non-alchoholic beverages. It looks like your documents were sent during the temporary policy change.

Just to add some more confusing facts. I just got my Sail and Sign documents today and it says only the 1 bottle of wine. No other beverages. So if it's temporary, it appears it's still in effect for my July 16th trip on the Fascination. I guess we'll each have to go by what our documentation says for our individual trips...

Wine, yes, hard liquor, no. Beer, no. White lightening, no. Sake, no. Hard cider, no. Hard lemonade, no. Picking up on the trend?

Soda, some. bottled water, some.

I assume you meant without smuggling. Smuggling, its whatever you can get away with.

You read about people falling overboard? That's from smuggling! Not because they were drunk. They get thrown over because they were caught smuggling. Its the law of the sea, you could look it up.

Dan

BAHAHAHA, ROFL... :D

this policy was put into place during spring break and then changed to again allow reasonable amounts of non-alchoholic beverages. It looks like your documents were sent during the temporary policy change.

My documents were just printed out. I just went and looked at them again on line, and it still says that. I wonder why they haven't changed it on the online documents. I'll have to look at my cruising buddy's, they had theirs mailed.

Might want to re-read it...here is the policy. You can bring on a small amount non-alcoholic beverages(who knows what that means :) )

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.

All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

You are correct, I just got all my documents and it says exactly what you quoted from their website. On the page that says "Carnival BEFORE YOU SAIL." (Bold was their's not mine.) Not sure why some people's docs same something else. Could it depend on the ship???? Oh well, never heard of anyone having their soda or water taken from them. Mine says I can bring it, so I am bringing water w/ me.:D

last time I checked Carnival's policy (in Feb) the rule was 2 bottles of wine or champagne per person (over 21) per day, so on a 7 day cruise, for 2 people you can, in theory, take 28 bottles lol. I love to drink and this seems a bit much to me.

I usually smuggle a little booze onboard in my checked bags, then just carry on a 12-pack or 2 of my favorite soda (for the alcohol lol)

My documents were just printed out. I just went and looked at them again on line, and it still says that. I wonder why they haven't changed it on the online documents. I'll have to look at my cruising buddy's, they had theirs mailed.

The ones I recieved in the mail for my May cruise read as they always have...no change.

Archived