Just back from AOS 6/17's cruise, it was fantastic!!!

Hello everyone....just made it home from our cruise on the AOS and SJ. We had an excellent time and have lots to share with all of you. Since we didn't get in till almost 12:15am this morning...:eek: please give me a few days to post my review and catch up with life. Trying to contend with the laundry and get some food in the house after nearly 2 weeks of being away, and uploading nearly 400 pictures...there has to be an easier way to do this....well will post here later on. Just wanted to let you all know we made it home safe and sound.

Hello everyone....just made it home from our cruise on the AOS and SJ. We had an excellent time and have lots to share with all of you. Since we didn't get in till almost 12:15am this morning...:eek: please give me a few days to post my review and catch up with life. Trying to contend with the laundry and get some food in the house after nearly 2 weeks of being away, and uploading nearly 400 pictures...there has to be an easier way to do this....well will post here later on. Just wanted to let you all know we made it home safe and sound.

Welcome home, can't wait for your review, we were on AOS in May and had a great time

Hey Stefanie,

I just reached out on your original post. Wanting to know if you made it back ok and how was your cruise....

I know everyone else is dying to know everything.

Happy to hear you had a great time.

Would you do this cruise again or the other itin?

maggieq--I will write a detailed review in a few days...need a few days to recover. I don't think I would cruise out of SJ again....it was absolutely insane at the airport yesterday....waited nearly 3 hours in long line to check in, even though I had already done that online...just needed to check baggage and it was a complete zoo there....no kidding!! I suppose if we had flown with AA, delta, and the others that offer check-in at the peir...it might not have been so bad...but I took some pics of us waiting in the lines....not fun at all ughhh:mad: :mad: but then what can u do, except make the best of it...the earlier flight to Philadelphia actually was delayed 6 hours and we ended up leaving before them..at 610pm. don't want to do the Aruba route...just not my preferance that's all.

Can't wait to read your review. I get nervous every time I hear someone mention flying out of PR on Sunday since that is what we are doing next year. :eek: We flew out of PR last year on a Saturday and had no major issues. I don't have my air booked yet but it's looking like it will probably be on American. If that is the case, I will pay the fee to have them take my bags and issue boarding passes. Do you know how much it is per person?

Diva

Glad to hear you're home okay. I'm horrified about the mess you had at the airport. What time did you depart the ship? We had a #1 ticket because of a 11:25 flight. We were off the ship by 8:15 and at the airport by 8:45. If you keep the cruise tags on your luggage you can skip the agricultural line so we missed that one. We did the self service checkin with American and were sitting at our gate by 9:10 at the latest. We're going back in February to do the Aruba route but I don't want to get caught in a mess like yours at the airport.

What time was this?

lovetocruise- we had ticket #5- arrived at the airport around 10:00 am or so...had to wait till they brought our luggage over from the port...by then it was just horrible...the lines were absolutely insane and without end. never ever again...many people were saying they would stay over the night and fly out on Monday to avoid this in the future!!

Stefanie,

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience at the end of a great trip.

We have cruised out of SJ 3 times now and I have to say that we have never had a problem with the airport. We have always been off the ship very early so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I have read alot of complaints about it. We have gone in April and May so perhaps it's the time of year???

We have gone twice with American and once on Continental.

Looking forward to your review.

Can't wait to read your review and see your pictures. We leave on the AOS on August 5 for the Aruba route. We did the other route in 2004 and loved it. I've booked the Pirate ship for Aruba and the America's cup for St. Martin. Glad you had a good time. We always sail with AA and didn't have any problems last time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Can't wait to read your review and see your pictures. We leave on the AOS on August 5 for the Aruba route. We did the other route in 2004 and loved it. I've booked the Pirate ship for Aruba and the America's cup for St. Martin. Glad you had a good time. We always sail with AA and didn't have any problems last time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Corkster - we're also on the August 5th cruise. We (DH, DS (19) and DD (15) booked the America's cup in St. Martin last night. Can't wait!!:p

DH and I cruised for the first time last summer on Sovereign. The kids think we're nuts cuz we've gotten so excited about it. They better not like it too much because they're probably not going on again on my dine. :D

I read somewhere on this forum that one of the jobs on the America's Cup is Iceberg lookout. :p Sounds like a perfect job for me!

Did you sign up for the Meet and Mingle? We're waiting right now to find out where it'll be. Who all are you cruising with? Kids? Ages?

lpjane,

Can't wait to meet you and your family!! We are from the Ft. Worth area and will be on deck 8 with early seating. Have you guys cruised before?

Also - we're from a northern suburb of Chicago on deck 9 with late seating.

lpjpane,

We usually sail with our DS (10) but he's going to be with his Nana this time so it will be just the two of us! We've sailed on the AOS, the Mariner and the Rhapsody. We can't wait to be back on the Adventure!! We haven't signed up for the M&M yet - I'll do that in just a minute!

corkster...come join our roll call on the 8/5 sailing... i'm on it too... me, my g/f.. oh and yeah... taking my sister and my 85 y/o mom on this one too... but don't worry... she'll probably do us all in... :D

Archived