If you could suggest one item

huxlemo

Can't believe I'm suggesting this, but we had to buy duct tape in Seattle before our cruise. When we got our luggage from baggage claim, there were some tears in our bag. We bought some duct tape and fixed it. If you're on the ship and have luggage problems, you won't have many options. So, even thought DH is the duct tape king, I'd have to give in and vote for a small roll "just in case."

to make sure to bring on your cruise.....what would it be?

Christie Brinkley? Would that do? Ya' know, 48 year old men with hairy backs are coming back in style ;)

Seriously, I love a small Mp3 player. I have several types of iPods and the new Shuffle is the size of a matchbook. I walked around in Cozumel after our shore excursion singing Jimmy Buffett and Alan Jackson songs while my wife and teenager shopped.

The new ones from SanDisk are equally good, easy to work and have great battery life. I have a small DJ and background music business for fun and the Mp3 player has made my work simple.

Shop around and get yourself a good one, load about 60 songs in and enjoy!

Here's a practical tip. For a longer cruise, I would recommend a pop-up clothes hamper (that can fold flat). We got our son one when we went off to college; he's home now so we took it with our on 12-day cruise. I saw so many people putting clothes in plastic bags. The pop-up hamper helped keep the room clean, and I could fold the clothes and carry them back in the hamper. It even had a little pocket to hold money, detergent, etc. I brought an over-the-door shoe holder but found it unnecessary on the Freedom. A power strip was essential too.

hmmmmm......how to post with some sort of finesse.....

My first thought is well....not many "single" cruisers in this mix (isnt that the truth)....ok 'nough said....but WE are here...and WE do have to have our essentials......condoms......"just in case"....ok Im done....oh cameras and bungee cords and power strips.....oh and 2$ bills for room service....nough said....

sorry just couldn't help it..........:o

[quote name='huxlemo'][B]If you could suggest one item...[/B]to make sure to bring on your cruise.....what would it be?[/quote]

An extra set of cruise documents.:D

[quote name='river_sand_bar2']My credit card.... it'll buy me anything I forget...

Actually here is a suggestion for people... I scan all my credit cards, my health card, my drivers license
and my passport... then I e-mail them to myself at a typical account (I.e. yahoo or hotmail) that way,
if for some reason I should loose any of it, I can get the information very quickly by simply going to any
computer and calling up the e-mail..[/quote]

Did this for Europe, but didn't think to do it for a cruise because the kids were back home and had access to everything. However, this cruise we ALL are going, so this is a good idea! Thanks for the reminder!

[quote name='linda_22003']Huh? The room isn't clean when you get there?[/quote]

Of course it's clean but some folks feel the need to wipe everything down.

[quote name='blusry'] Shop around and get yourself a good one, load about 60 songs in and enjoy![/QUOTE]

I'm in the market--but a little techology retarded--which one would you suggest for simplicity and ease of use?

Highlighter pen.

I read this somewhere on here. Take a highlighter pen to use on the daily newsletter. Makes it way easier to find what you want to do during the day once you've highlighted it. The type on these things can be small. :)

[quote name='livtojump']Of course it's clean but some folks feel the need to wipe everything down.[/quote]
Thanks for your help in explaining more. :D
The stewartests do clean the room but honestly I find many places that have alot of dust when I wipe a few things down with Clorox.

Archived