Auckland to LA. 12/03/07

I believe it is a glitch. We were looking at the same voyage for 2008 and noticed the missing ports.

I called Regent and the person I spoke to said Moorea, etc. were really on the cruise (as shown on the map). Sure hope he has the correct info.

Hi. We just booked this crossing today. It looks fabulous. We have cruised RSSC before on Voyager on the Monte Carlo to FLL crossing in 2005. It was the best cruise we've ever taken. We've strayed since, on Cunard and HAL,(see my post about ParkWEst), but we've come back to the real cruise line we love. Don't think we'll stray again.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on LAMB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Wife and I are also booked on the 12/03 Auckland to LA.

We plan to arrive Auckland a few days pre-cruise to help get over jet-lag.

Anyone have any ideas on interesting N.Z. travels or good agencies?

We did this trip in 2005 and loved Potiki and Number One House.

Potiki Adventures is owned by two relatively young Maori women and was recognized as one oof the top small businesses in NZ last year. They do everything the usual tour guides do but they do it with a Maori touch. They have a limited capacity though so they may already be booked.

Number One house is simply the best B&B I've ever stay in. Brian and Jan are wonderful folks and she's a really good cook too.

Greg

http://www.potikiadventures.com/

http://www.realadventures.com/listings/1022950.htm

JandJ25

Last year we were on the Mariner from Australia to New Zealand and extended a week in New Zealand. We stayed at a wonderful B&B in Parnell, a small charming village which is a suburb of Aukland. Also the village has wonderful restaurants, a delicious fish and chips place and darling shops. It was called the Ascot Parnell B&B. It was walking distance to the suberb museum, a short bus ride to downtown Aukland, which you can do in one day. We also rented a car in Parnell and drove to Roturau for three nights staying at the Duxton Hotel. There we did the sights of the Astrodome Sheep Show which is hilarious, the Maui Village, the Kiwi habitat at a beautiful garden compound. On our return to Auckland we went to the glow worm gaves. New Zealand is a definite return for us. Enjoy your trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Tnx for the roll call info--we signed up. See you on board.

We did the Voyager transpacific in '04--thoroughly enjoyed the service and fellow passengers. Then tried a Holland America, mainly because of the itinerary. Disappointing.

Looking forward Regent.

Also, many thanks to DD and Greg for the Auckland info.

John & Judy

Archived