Princess Customer Service - help

abbydancer2003

I'm hoping the collective wisdom of Cruise Critic can help.

We're going to Alaska on the Dawn in September, and I decided the Alaska Cruise Companion would be very fun to have. We were on the Island for it's repositioning cruise, so I thought I'd have it delivered to the room as a gift for my husband. I placed the order via fax from the Gifts on board section of the website.

On the cruise, no indication of it. I went to Passenger Services, and the helpful young man told me that it was noted and our room steward would know about it. He didn't. Back to Passenger Services where a very nice but clueless young lady had no idea what I was talking about. I asked her to check and she did. She called the boutique and they didn't have them. She said she'd have the hotel manager call me. He didn't.

Got home. The credit card was charged. I called (5/16) and the nice lady on the phone said "no worries - it will be delivered to our home". A week later I called again to check the delivery time, and was told it had not been shipped. The agent told me that she would reverse the original charge and reorder. I asked her about the shipping charge, and she was able to waive it since there were issues with this. She told me it would arrive in 2-3 weeks. I checked the credit card bill online, and she did that correctly.

So last week it was about 3 weeks, so I call. Person I talk to counts the days and tells me it was supposed to arrive that day or the next (Tuesday June 19th). OK.

By Friday afternoon, no book. I call, and person answering doesn't understand what happened and can't call the wharehouse, so tells me her supervisor will call back on Monday (today). No call by mid afternoon - so I call back. Very long wait times, finally get through and agent (Dave), after I explain this whole long story, tells me that he will be happy to connect me to a supervisor who will tell me that the book is backordered. Back on hold. After 15 minutes, I give up. Call back and get Dave again. He does get his supervisor on the line, who says she can't reach anyone, but takes my number and says she'll call me back later this week.

All I really want is the book before our cruise. Anyone have any suggestions on how I might make that happen?

thanks much,

abby

Ps. On the other hand, I also noticed that our Sept booking summary shows us as Gold CC members and we've since become Platinum. I emailed my TA who told me to call captains circle to get all our cruises listed (that wasn't the problem the CC account showed Platinum - it was just the booking summary). One call to the booking department and 5 minutes later it was fixed.

Why don't you see if you can arrange to have your book delivered to your cabin in September? Just have them re-do the order and make sure they put the right cabin number, booking number, and sailing number on it.

As for your cruise credits, it's far easier to visit the Captain's Circle host on board and have your records updated personally.

Why not check ebay or amazon? I'll bet you cab get a copy there (and cheaper than thru princess). The book is fun and I usually post the map in my stateroom to follow our progress. Worse comes to worse they will be available in the gift shop onboard.

Archived