Will i need my winter coat???

chickade910

It depends on a few factors. Where do you live now and what type of temps are you use to and when are you going to Alaska? I live in Las Vegas and just returned from Alaska cruise this past Sunday. It was cold!!!!!!! But then it was over 100 degrees when I left and still is 100 plus degrees. We wore heavy wind breakers that were lined. Most days the temps were from the high 40 to the low 60s and because it is damp that cold feels even colder. Layer are definitely the key but come prepared. We spoke to some that had only been on a caribbean cruise and packed like it was and was buying heavy coats and sweaters and sweat shirts once they hit the first port. Also be prepared for rain because that is what it does often in Alaska.

was hpoping a reversible waterproof jacket and layers would be enough. thanks again.;)

That's definitely what you should take. If it gets colder, just add on more layers. That's what we did. The weather is just too variable to take along a thick winter coat. It has to be layers.

A hooded sewatshirt with gloves at the glacier was needed but most of the time a long sleeved shirt and lined jacket was more than enough. Leave the heavy stuff at home. Temps were in the 50s and 60s daytime and into the upper 40s at night. Glacier was upper 30s. Hope this helps.

Archived