View cabin availability online???

Hello, everyone,

I think that there used to be a website years ago that listed available cabins on ships????Or did I dream that?

Does anyone know:

Is there now a website anywhere where you can view all the available staterooms for RCI online? I feel like I'm calling RCI all the time just to check on certain cabin options. It would be much simpler to check online.

However, on their website, they only have a few of the available cabins listed.

It is very frustrating.

Dorie

i've never booked a cruise through them, but southwest.com has their "intellideck" thing that gives you the graphical displays of the cabins and their availability in particular categories...not sure that's exactly what you need, but maybe worth a look.

No, to my knowledge there is no such site. Even the TA system for RCCL shows only the "top" eight or so cabins available...you do have to call if you are inquiring about a specific cabin.

They also have the "intellideck" feature on Travelocity.com in their cruises section. I check that all the time when I'm looking because it shows the little flashing arrow for available cabins. That's nice because you don't have to go searching for the numbers like you do on the RCI site.

While some sites like Travelocity will show the rooms available flashing and makes it easier to see they still don't show "every" room available. You have to call and start going through rooms with a person live to find many specific rooms and combos. If anyone knows of a site that shows "all" availability please let me know...I would love to be able to do that.

Hince57 - Great tip on "intellideck", just checked it for my cruise on AOS (9/23/07) and found a "hump" JS available - called my TA and switched from a forward cabin. I owe you one!!!

:)

no problem - have a great cruise!

I don't know if this is true or not, but my TA once told me that different cruice consolidators (not sure this is what they are called) are assigned (buy?) specific rooms by/from the cruise lines - so one TA may have rooms that another does not. I just did some checking - two TA websites and the RCI site and they all say the exact same rooms in the balcony catagory on my August cruise. Perhaps the TA was incorrect??? Anyone heard this?

While some sites like Travelocity will show the rooms available flashing and makes it easier to see they still don't show "every" room available. You have to call and start going through rooms with a person live to find many specific rooms and combos. If anyone knows of a site that shows "all" availability please let me know...I would love to be able to do that.

And even then, you may not get what you're asking for.

On Sunday, I saw a cabin I wanted to switch to (we were adding a third person to our cabin). On Monday, I called and asked for it, and the young "Personal Vacation Planner" said it was not available, so I settled for a different cabin. As soon as I hung up, I checked rccl.com -- and the cabin I had asked for was still showing as available! I called back, talked to a different PVP, and that nice young man gave me exactly what I asked for!

Chalk up another one for the well-trained customer service reps at RCCL! :rolleyes:

And even then, you may not get what you're asking for.

On Sunday, I saw a cabin I wanted to switch to (we were adding a third person to our cabin). On Monday, I called and asked for it, and the young "Personal Vacation Planner" said it was not available, so I settled for a different cabin. As soon as I hung up, I checked rccl.com -- and the cabin I had asked for was still showing as available! I called back, talked to a different PVP, and that nice young man gave me exactly what I asked for!

Chalk up another one for the well-trained customer service reps at RCCL! :rolleyes:

I have had the same thing happen...and I think i may have figured out why. If you look at a room online and click on it, it seems to lock that room out of the system for a certain amount of time.......even the cruise lines system...I would assume to give time for booking it. I just had it happen the other day...called CCL and then didn't show it available on their system either. ....gave it like 10 minutes and sure enough the room was back online available and was able to make the change.

Archived