Information on foldable or portable scooters

Deajavu

Hi I hope someone out there can help me. I will be on a Family cruise with my Husband, 2 daughters and grandson. I have been

searching for a Scooter to buy. I have been looking at the Lexus Light, but have no stores I can go to see what it looks like and if it

will be the right one for me. I have a walker with a seat and cane, but I cannot walk that far with either. If anyone can give me some

information on portable scooters, I'd really appreciate it. We are

going on the RC Explorer in Aug. Thank you.

:) :)

Deajavu

Hi Deajavu,

This is a scooter discussion that I used when we wanted to buy a scooter for for my husband to use on a cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=141323

You can compare some of the scooters at this website:

http://www.spinlife.com/

We didn't buy our scooter there, but have bought 2 wheelchairs from Spinlife and their service is great.

We have since taken the Pride Go Go scooter on our Hawaii, Baltic and TA cruises. There are many scooters mentioned on this thread and I hope it helps you decide.

A scooter makes a cruise so much more fun- for you and for your companions! I wish we would have bought ours sooner.

:) Hi Judy, Thank a u for all the information you provided. I have read them all and I still unsure, but I am running out of time. I'm looking at the Lexus Light at Planet Mobility, but it so

hard when you can't see them in person. I'm waiting a few more days for some answers to my questions, that should make up my mind. If I order early, and it

doesn't work out, I can send it back and

order a second choice. I really appreciate

all your help. Thanks again.

Lorraine:) :) :)

Thanks Lorraine,

I'm sure you'll be happy with the Lexus scooter and like you said you can send it back and try another. I've seen people on ships with that type of scooter. Glad I could help a little.

Have fun and let us know if you kept the Lexus.

Judy

I own, and would recommend a Pride Mobility Maxima scooter...they are a bit pricey compared to some others but they are very sturdy and well made and worth the price. As an added bonus they can dis-assemble easily for a plane ride. Mine is a 3 wheeler and I just love it and use it daily as well as for cruising.

glenn (buckeyeair)

Archived