AB,BB,AG which is better

yoyo3

Maybe you can tell us which ship you are thinking about.

The higher the category means the larger the cabin, better perks and more attention from the concierge (so it seems); so an AB would be the choice, if you can afford it. However, many suites are at the front or back of the ship and depending on the cruise/itinerary I would not want to have the wind at the front of the ship.

Mini suites are a little larger than a regular balcony with a tub/shower combo and use of the concierge. Not many perks- usually express embarkation and disembarkation, VIP tendering if necessary, and help with restaurant reservations (if the concierge isnt busy with higher category suite guests.)

Hi,

I have never been on a cruise. I am trying to determine which one I should book given the very similar price. The AG (mini suite) is guarentee cabin. This on pearl.

I think you meant to compare BA, BB & AG. The difference in a BA & a BB is where it is on the ship. The cabins are the same. There are only a limited amount of AG's on a ship. Usually if it's a GTY cabin, then you will get an AF. The AG & AF are the same but it's again the location. The AG's are usually in the back of the ship on the side.

If the prices are close, take the AG. The cabins are larger than the BA or BB's.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

I think you meant to compare BA, BB & AG. The difference in a BA & a BB is where it is on the ship. The cabins are the same. There are only a limited amount of AG's on a ship. Usually if it's a GTY cabin, then you will get an AF. The AG & AF are the same but it's again the location. The AG's are usually in the back of the ship on the side.

If the prices are close, take the AG. The cabins are larger than the BA or BB's.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Hi Monty,

Thanks for the quick reply. The message was posted in a hurry since I was trying to catch my train to work.

Anyway, the ship is Pearl for mid Aug to Alaska (round trip starting from Seattle). We have 4 people (2 adults 2 kids -- 9 year old). The AG (mini suite) is actually cheaper than BA and BB. BA BB are on deck 10 towards the end of the ship (10646) while AG is on deck 11. From the deck layout it looks like there are only 4 AGs and they are way back at the tail of the ship. Of course with BA and BB I can choose the cabin now but AG is just guarenteed. I wonder what's the worst I can expect for picking AG (cheaper). Is the tail end of the ship on pearl on deck 11 noisy? close to the Gym?

Thanks.

The mini suites have a bathtub and a larger couch in the sitting area. Depending on how large the party, most couples will be happy with the shower and smaller couch in the sitting area in the regular balconies. A larger party would be happier in a mini suite.

I wonder what's the worst I can expect for picking AG (cheaper). Is the tail end of the ship on pearl on deck 11 noisy? close to the Gym?
Yoyo, if you choose an AG guarantee, the worst you could get is one of the AG's, and that is great and IMO, in a great location, too! You could be upgraded to an AF or even higher. The only problem, is you will not be able to choose the exact location.

As far as the aft location, we consider it to be the best. We have aft mini-suites (actually stern mini-suites) booked for two future cruises and have been in one already. Nice, quiet location, not much traffic. There will be some noise, but very little, from the Great Outdoors Cafe that is directly overhead. We've been under one and it sure didn't affect our future bookings in that area.

Yoyo, if you choose an AG guarantee, the worst you could get is one of the AG's, and that is great and IMO, in a great location, too! You could be upgraded to an AF or even higher. The only problem, is you will not be able to choose the exact location.

As far as the aft location, we consider it to be the best. We have aft mini-suites (actually stern mini-suites) booked for two future cruises and have been in one already. Nice, quiet location, not much traffic. There will be some noise, but very little, from the Great Outdoors Cafe that is directly overhead. We've been under one and it sure didn't affect our future bookings in that area.

Thanks for the response. I tried to book the AG and it generated an error. After talking to customer services it turned out the AG is for two people only. I knew it was too good to be true (AG is cheaper than BA or BB). Anyway it looks like I have to book the BB.

Archived