5 night Bermuda prices are unreal

Did you look in September? Last year when I was looking for the 5 day the prices in the summer months were out of sight but the Sept one was a lot less. We did Sept 17th sailing and we paid around 800$ pp for a E2 balcony.The summer months will always be higher because it is a school vacation time.

Out of Baltimore on the Grandeur, the prices for the 5 nights are tripled now what they were when we had group space reserved at our agency last fall. They're going to keep them high, because I still have people coming in and paying it.

Out of Baltimore on the Grandeur, the prices for the 5 nights are tripled now what they were when we had group space reserved at our agency last fall. They're going to keep them high, because I still have people coming in and paying it.

And that's why we're not going this year...last year, we did a 7-day Alaska on Celebrity for less! I would love leaving from Baltimore, but this kind of pricing is insane for the short amount of time you spend in Bermuda.

And that's why we're not going this year...last year, we did a 7-day Alaska on Celebrity for less! I would love leaving from Baltimore, but this kind of pricing is insane for the short amount of time you spend in Bermuda.

Until they get more then one ship leaving from Baltimore in the same time frame, RCCL has a monopoly and people are willing to pay for the convenience.

Did you look in September? Last year when I was looking for the 5 day the prices in the summer months were out of sight but the Sept one was a lot less. We did Sept 17th sailing and we paid around 800$ pp for a E2 balcony.The summer months will always be higher because it is a school vacation time.

And Sept will always be less due to hurricanes.

But if you don't get hit with any storms, Sept is a good time to go (pricewise I mean).

And Sept will always be less due to hurricanes.

But if you don't get hit with any storms, Sept is a good time to go (pricewise I mean).

We always do September and the weather has usually been nice.

unless you are dead set on Bermuda, you can fly to Orlando ( 178 r/t SWA) and do a weekend cruise for about 250-300 to Nassau and cococay. I have a group of 19 going in November total of about $750 per couple. We( 8 women) went out of miami last year for about the same price.

we booked last summer (july) for this years cruise out of Baltimore I got a balcony D1 for 1479 pp. now they are 2029. The only person who was able to get a cheaper rate were the seniors in the group, and that was just available one or two days. I check everyday to cheaper prices, but they have not come close to what I paid.

we booked bermuda 2 months out for our May 2007 cruise (we loved it! :) ) for a balcony guarantee for an OK price.

I did see that Explorer's eastern 9 day was almost the same price as Bermuda 5 day - crazy - but people pay so the price stays.

RCI did have some hot deal specials about a month ago on some of the 5 day cruises.. I'd say wait and see if they discount again, don't book the Empress or Grandeur - we did 2 empress 7 day cruises and after traveling on Explorer 5 day I would never go on Empress again - i LOVED the 5 day explorer! :)

sorry I didn't know that, but I used no names so I should be OK

Nope, it's not okay. At the top of the first page of this forum is an Announcement from the Community Manager (here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=83&a=8) which says:

The third-party recommendation of travel agents and agencies is not allowed on Cruise Critic's Message Board forums. Posts recommending (or warning against) travel agents, travel agencies, cruise-only agencies, travel/cruise brokers, or Personal Cruise Consultants at any cruise line, or any other source where consumer can purchase travel will be removed from the boards. This also includes any comments included in signatures requesting members to e-mail you for information about your travel agencies. Additionally, posts by members requesting such information will be removed., so please don't ask . However, the general discussion of the merits of using a BRICK AND MORTAR AGENCY vs and INTERNET CRUISE AGENCY vs. purchasing from the CRUISE LINE DIRECTLY will be allowed. No recommendations for any travel purchase source will be allowed. Travel agents who participate on the boards are encouraged to include their company name in their signature. We believe it is in our members' best interest to know which members are travel agents -- so you can best judge the content of their posts. Travel agents may not include contact information of any kind anywhere in their posts or profiles on Cruise Critic. (Travel Agents may not request members to e-mail them for information, or include contact information of any kind in their signatures or posts). Finallly, Cruise Critic reserves the right to rescind the above in the event travel agents/agencies abuse this privilege. We anticipate your cooperation, and thank you for your participation. Laura

Please do not ask for and do not offer information on travel agents.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

I think the prices are crazy. I originally had a GS booked but just couldn't justify it in terms of value. I really didn't want to fly out so I decided to do interior rooms when they had a special on the RC website.

The ship is nearly full too, so they are selling the cabins, although I did notice that they ran really cheap senior and resident specials forever.

My DD & I just booked a 5 Night Bermuda cruise because of two reasons, I wanted to go out of NJ to save airfare and the other was because we wanted to go to Bermuda. We booked thru RCI for a guaranteed inside cabin for about $1970 total. We actually got a pretty good cabin on the 9th deck but toward the back. Who cares....we just wanted to get away for a few days and didn't really care about our cabin. I actually sleep better sometimes in an inside cabin, lol.

I did notice that prices are going up even after we booked. There aren't any cabins for 3 or 4 guests only 2 for our 15 July sailing. Supply and demand as everyone says. Try other travel websites for discounts if you really want to go or switch the timeframe you want to go. Good luck and happy sailing!

Archived