Passport & funpass question

Brenkel

Last week my family filled out and sent in our passport applications. This is 18 weeks before our cruise. From what I have been reading on this board we may not receive our passport until right before our cruise. I started filling out our funpasses, and I put that we would be using passports. Then it asks for info from the passports which I don't have. So I have to wait until the passports come in, or do I just put that we will use our birth certificates? If our passports get here in time do I then change the info when we get to the port? For our last cruise I had everything filled out the day after I booked the cruise. I like having it all completed so that I don't have to worry about it.

Last week my family filled out and sent in our passport applications. This is 18 weeks before our cruise. From what I have been reading on this board we may not receive our passport until right before our cruise. I started filling out our funpasses, and I put that we would be using passports. Then it asks for info from the passports which I don't have. So I have to wait until the passports come in, or do I just put that we will use our birth certificates? If our passports get here in time do I then change the info when we get to the port? For our last cruise I had everything filled out the day after I booked the cruise. I like having it all completed so that I don't have to worry about it.

I would just enter that you will be using a Birth Certificate so that you can complete your Fun Pass info. Then later if you do get your Passport you can always go back and change it. Im with you there, I like to fill mine out asap.

Fred

Thanks Fred! That is what I will do.

I have one more question. Does anyone know if it takes longer for someone to get a passport if their name is on the watch list for the airlines? Both my DH and my 7 year old DD have names on this list. It is a pain because they can never do online check-in for flights. They must always go to the check-in desk.

Thanks Fred! That is what I will do.

I have one more question. Does anyone know if it takes longer for someone to get a passport if their name is on the watch list for the airlines? Both my DH and my 7 year old DD have names on this list. It is a pain because they can never do online check-in for flights. They must always go to the check-in desk.

I would suggest calling the passport office.. I personally don't know .. but I would assume it would take longer..;)

I would just enter that you will be using a Birth Certificate so that you can complete your Fun Pass info. Then later if you do get your Passport you can always go back and change it. Im with you there, I like to fill mine out asap.

Fred

Yep! I just did this last night! No problem at all!

I just asked a Carnival Rep this very ? He said to just put your bc and you have until 24hours before you sail to change it if your passport comes in. We mailed ours 14-Jun...hoping it comes in before we sail so we can use it ;)

Same here, like to get every duck in a row..

Archived