Monarch JS - under pool or Windjammer's?

Any idea which is a quieter location? Normally I'd run like heck away from under the pool, BUT, having been in rooms under buffet areas...those were worse.

The JS available under the Windjammer is actually more underneath the entrance, close to the stairs, so not sure if that would be quite as bad. I'm still holding on to my JS under the pool area, as I have to believe it won't be QUITE as noisy there either late at night or very early in the morning, when tables and chairs are being scraped around overhead in the Windjammer.

Anyone with experience in a JS on the Monarch who can advise? Thank you SOOO much! :)

We were in JS 1042 which if I recall was directly under the pool deck. I noticed quite a bit of chair scraping both early and late. I think it was when they were moving the chairs tohose down the deck. All I can say is it did annoy me but for 3 days I can handle anything -

I am not sure what room you are looking at but hopefully this info helps you one way or another.

We were in 1052 on the Monarch OTS. We did hear some running and some chair moving but nothing so terrible as to not book again or warrant a call to the Purser.

In fact we're returning to the Monarch for a B2B in May 2008 in JS 1044.:o

We were in 1088, very last JS on the starboard side. That one was perfect as it was under a walkway and not under the pool or windjammer. Never heard any noise at all. It was the perfect location. I would take that one if it is available. You will notice it is close to the aft elevators, but around the corner so you have no elevator traffic noise, and no one ever seemed to use those elevators anyway. Check it out.

Thanks all! I'm in 1074 currently, and could possibly move to 1546. There's only a couple of JSs left on this sailing so I can't be picky...there are a couple port side and just at the Windjammer entrance or stay with the one I have, between midship and aft on the starboard side. And pretty soon they will ALL be gone, I'm sure...which will make the decision for me if I don't move. :rolleyes:

I know it's only a short cruise and I've lived through noisy overheads before, I just can't figure out which is worse. I appreciate the comments!

Archived