When is the best time to cruise?

mansfieldmom

We just got off the Conquest this past Sunday and I am already looking to book another cruise. While in Cozumel, we found out it is their rainy season right now. I am now wondering when is the best time to cruise...weather-wise???

One other question...when and how do we receive our Past Guest #?

We just got off the Conquest this past Sunday and I am already looking to book another cruise. While in Cozumel, we found out it is their rainy season right now. I am now wondering when is the best time to cruise...weather-wise???

We like going from March - May, never had issues with the weather during those months. Since you took your first cruise, when you receive your copy of Currents Magazine, your Past Guest number will be on it.

You can also call Carnival to get it.

Fred

Best time to cruise in my opinion is OCTOBER. prices are a little less, and the weather is dry for the most part. Also, Jan and Feb are good. In March, spring breaks start through the end of April. May is a pretty good month, but a little pricy. June - August is the rainy season because it is hurricaine season. If it is not raining, it is too hot and humid to enjoy yourselves. September is also hurricaine season, but not sure about what it is doing out there. will find out in 80 days.

You will recieve a little card or letter with your past guest number on it. IF not, ask to receive the currents magazine. It will have it in there. If you still don't get it, ask you PVP. If you need a PVP, email me, lable the message CCL PVP and i will send you the name of a good one.

If you need a PVP, email me, lable the message CCL PVP and i will send you the name of a good one.

Sorry, but you should read Cruise Critic rules/regulations.:)

Members are not allowed to mention names of agents, agencies, PVPs - no contact info.

Also says that we cannot ask for or volunteer to send info thru email.

Go to Carnival's website and once you create an account and log on, click on the "My Profile" link and you can obtain it from there.

Everyone is going to give you a different answer here. I like going in November. It's not unbearably hot in the Caribbean like it is in the summer. It's starting to get cold here at home and I am ready to go back to the summer. I also haven't packed my summer clothes away yet for the season.

Sorry, but you should read Cruise Critic rules/regulations.:)

Members are not allowed to mention names of agents, agencies, PVPs - no contact info.

Also says that we cannot ask for or volunteer to send info thru email.

Are you to board police? I don't really see much problem with this post. Don't you have anything better to do? Are you bucking for a position as moderator?

First it really isn't Cozumels rainy season. You may of had some rain while you were there but it really fires up in August September and October. 2nd the best time to cruise is ALL YEAR LONG. There is NO bad time to cruise.

We went the end of October and hit one of the worst storms for more than 24 hours we rocked and everyone blamed hurricane season. I think no matter which time you go you can hit rain and wind.

We had the smoothest weather and the least rain late January, so I booked the next two Januarys the last week of the month, even if the water is a little too cool maybe it will be a nice break from winter.

September thru January is the best prices, during the winter, the prices start to rise in February again.

Are you to board police? I don't really see much problem with this post. Don't you have anything better to do? Are you bucking for a position as moderator?

Cotton is a well respected member and contributor to this forum. She is a wealth of information. She is only stating the forum rules.

The worst weather we had during a cruise was December and February both cruises to the Bahamas. We've done several cruises in May/June and had great weather. Last year we went in October Western Caribbean and had perfect weather.

We like October as the prices are wonderful. They say this is the end of the Hurricane season and you take your chance with the weather. However, our only experience cruising was in October and the weather was exceptional throughout the cruise without any rough water.

Cotton is a well respected member and contributor to this forum. She is a wealth of information. She is only stating the forum rules.

The worst weather we had during a cruise was December and February both cruises to the Bahamas. We've done several cruises in May/June and had great weather. Last year we went in October Western Caribbean and had perfect weather.

Mike, when did you go in October last year? WE were on the 10/21 cruise. If you were on that one, we probably passed you in the hallway sometime. LOL.

Cotton, I have had no problems with anyone telling me I could not put my email on. As for mentioning the name, I did not do that. And furthermore, I read the guidelines. I never read on there I could not put my email. It just said private address and phone.

We like to cruise in February -- great weather in the Caribbean while the weather is horrible here in the northeast.

That's us too :p .

February or March is our choice...the weather is awesome and a great break from the PA winter. Also fewer kids because schools do not usually have breaks that early ;) .

Wow :eek: Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed :confused: :confused: .

Cotton was only reminding posters of the rules - so that the posts will not get zapped :cool: !

That's us too :p .

February or March is our choice...the weather is awesome and a great break from the PA winter. Also fewer kids because schools do not usually have breaks that early ;) .

spring breaks in Florida start mid March and continue through Mid April, then on top of that you have the College spring breaks which go through the the first part of May.

Best time is whatever works for you. We prefer the "off-season" from kids and spring breakers...

We never factor in weather, we figure if we go in the typical good season, it will be the one week it is stormy...:D

Thx, Mikel and Happy..... I guess some folks just don't want to know the rules, or maybe they just don't want to follow them. Just tryin' to be helpful.:) They're both fairly new to the boards, so maybe they don't realize I'm really a pretty nice person? LOL

Mike, when did you go in October last year? WE were on the 10/21 cruise. If you were on that one, we probably passed you in the hallway sometime. LOL.

We actually were on the October 19th sailing so yes we might have passed by each other. We stayed in E240. Had a great cruise, hope you did also.:)

yes, Mike, we had a great cruise as for the cruise, but did not like the ports. Too much security and scary guards in Belize, and such rude people trying to sell you a 10$ piece of jewlery for 300$. And being so pushy that they follow you around the straw market lowering the price and pushing it at you in the other ports.

This time we are going Eastern. Can't wait.

Archived