Summit- What pier in San Juan?

Sandysurprise

We're on the same cruise the following week. It's my understanding that Summit leaves from the Pan American pier - not the piers at Old San Juan.

That is correct. When we sailed from the Galaxy in February we saw that the Celebrity and RCL ships originating in San Juan docked at the Pan Am pier. Celebrity and RCL do use the Old San Juan docks, but only for ships stopping there as a port of call, not originating there. There are no hotels within walking distance of that pier.

We stayed in Old San Juan, and I can truly recommend it. The taxi to the Pan Am dock didn't take that long and wasn't too expensive. And Old San Juan is an interesting place to walk around - also lots of nice places for a drink and dinner the night before. While there are other nice areas to stay, you might want to go to Old San Juan in any event during your pre-cruise - and if so you'd have to take a cab there and back in any event.

We stayed at the El Convento hotel. I'd highly recommend this place. It is a little pricey, so if cost is a major concern there are less expensive places to stay. They do (or did) have a pre-cruise special for two nights on their web site, although you had to call on the phone to get that rate - the online booking didn't have it. That might save you a little money.

Archived