Who to dive with on Grand Turk?

jimw

I'm wondering what dive operation does the ship trips? We will probably arrange diving with another. Who do you like there? What size are the dive boats? I've seen websites for Oasis and Blue Water--any others I'm missing????

I'm wondering what dive operation does the ship trips? We will probably arrange diving with another. Who do you like there? What size are the dive boats? I've seen websites for Oasis and Blue Water--any others I'm missing????

Oasis is the contract dive operator for the cruise lines, they have a large pontoon boat for the cruise excursion dives, only 24 max divers (ha, ha).

More information on this thread.

I enjoyed the links as well and the pictures say a lot. Some of our group of 8 will no doubt enjoy hanging out at Margaritaville!! I will check out Sea Eye Diving too......

Use Blue Water, they have a max of 8 people on their boats. They are also easy to deal with. I used them last sep, was a very nice dive trip.

I'd go again with them as my first choice.

When I went with them in December, they would only take 5 on the boat I went out on. They turned away another cruiser who just showed up at the shop hoping to go out that day. There would have been room on the boat, so there must have been another reason.

Hi,

I dove with Blue Water Divers in March as was thrilled with their service and diving. You take a 5-minute taxi to the Osprey Beach Hotel (the taxis are share a ride vans (think it was $5). They'll drop you off out front and Blue Water had an office in the front of the hotel on the right (don't be confused with the shack next door painted with the large dive flag). You go in and check in with Monica and then she'll walk you across the street down to the beach where the boat comes in. Diving takes place just off shore. We had 6 on our boat and I was the only "cruise ship" diver (the rest had been diving for a few days in a row with Mitch and crew). At the end of the dive they dropped us off at the same spot on the beach, I went over and said my good byes to Monica, walked to the street and another taxi showed up 30 seconds later. Diving was great and the fish life outstanding (a 3-ft turtle, a quillfin blenny (an extremely rare fish), cleaner shrimp with corkscrew anenomes, queen angels, etc).

Go with Blue Water, you won't be disappointed. :O)

Randall

Archived