Cooler Question

scejas

Happy Thursday everyone (almost friday!)

Anyways I have read of a lot of people taking roll away coolers on their cruises. I am going on a three day tomorrow and I have a couple more lined up and I was wondering what type of rolling cooler do you take ?

If you can google and post a picture or a link that would help!

Okay, so I see that people actually roll these things on board. So, what do people carry on in them? Water, soda? And do they check these and allow the beverages aboard? I think this is pretty funny that they allow this since there is such controversy about what and how much "beverages" people can bring onboard. :rolleyes:

Okay, so I see that people actually roll these things on board. So, what do people carry on in them? Water, soda? And do they check these and allow the beverages aboard? I think this is pretty funny that they allow this since there is such controversy about what and how much "beverages" people can bring onboard. :rolleyes:

Case of beer.:)

Anyways I have read of a lot of people taking roll away coolers on their cruises. I am going on a three day tomorrow and I have a couple more lined up and I was wondering what type of rolling cooler do you take ? If you can google and post a picture or a link that would help!

Click ---> HERE <----

---> HERE IS ANOTHER SITE <---

I see ours is now on sale, maybe we should get a backup for down the road? :D

Ms B

AND - that is the reason Carnival will soon ban all carry-on beverages again....

This is a cruise, not a picnic!

"How rude. This is a place for answers not rude comments. If you don't like the question, don't bother to reply!"

AND - that is the reason Carnival will soon ban all carry-on beverages again....

This is a cruise, not a picnic!

And may I ask, "Why would you expaect anything less than this when you are cruising the "Wal-Mart" of the cruise industry?"

Too bad you think that was rude. It was fact!

That is why Carnival is going to start "not allowing" carry on beverages. Because of the abuse by passangers who have to drag their coolers, like it was a picnic, with them......

Wal-Mart indeed. Somebody has to be the low man on the totum pole (price wise)!

That is why Carnival is going to start "not allowing" carry on beverages. Because of the abuse by passangers who have to drag their coolers, like it was a picnic, with them......

Then based on your signature, you are a WalMart frequent shopper...

The OP just wanted to know what kind of cooler he/she could bring... no need for the negative comments.

My experience with Carnival showed that they are not only at the bottom of the totum pole price wise, but also service and customer wise also.

I had heard the Carnival was the "Fun Ship" and I was expecting just that "fun". What I experienced was rude, uncouth passengers who thought of no one but themselves. Some could call it a case of bad manners, others could call it a case of bad breeding. The couple that were traveling with us even got approached by a couple of swingers entering the dinning room on night. :eek: Wal-Mart indeed!

My experience with Carnival showed that they are not only at the bottom of the totum pole price wise, but also service and customer wise also.

I had heard the Carnival was the "Fun Ship" and I was expecting just that "fun". What I experienced was rude, uncouth passengers who thought of no one but themselves. Some could call it a case of bad manners, others could call it a case of bad breeding. The couple that were traveling with us even got approached by a couple of swingers entering the dinning room on night. :eek: Wal-Mart indeed!

ANNNNNDDDD...back to the original reason for the posting.

A soft side like the photo that floridalaura posted would be fine.

Funny, I was quoting your own words from another thread. :p

When is Carnival going to "start not allowing" and what is your source of information?

I don't think there is anything wrong with a small cooler, but there are some people who will carry it to extreme which could make Carnival change their policy. It could slow up boarding and departing the ship because of the extra baggage. However, I do draw the line a bbq grills on the balcony (just kidding).

I don't think there is anything wrong with a small cooler, but there are some people who will carry it to extreme which could make Carnival change their policy. It could slow up boarding and departing the ship because of the extra baggage. However, I do draw the line a bbq grills on the balcony (just kidding).

I agree. It is the people that bring their large rolling coolers. How much ice do you need?

I have seen people hit with those coolers while others were trying to steer those darn things thru the lines.

You will always have those that think "reasonable amount" is only to their way of thinking.

Have even seen people rolling them on elevators and taking them to the pool deck.

Come on folks, lets get real!

I agree. It is the people that bring their large rolling coolers. How much ice do you need?

I have seen people hit with those coolers while others were trying to steer those darn things thru the lines.

You will always have those that think "reasonable amount" is only to their way of thinking.

Have even seen people rolling them on elevators and taking them to the pool deck.

Come on folks, lets get real!

Wasnt your issue with people bringing on water/sodas so much that CCL was going to change their policy? Or is it the cooler itself?

BTW...we also need it for my medication that does not stay cool enough in the refrig. Thanks.

Why does everyone on these boards find that this is such a critical issue? Why do you feel the need to take a cooler with you? They have drinks, ice, anything you need onboard. I don't take a cooler with me, if only b/c it is just another thing to drag along. It isn't worth the effort. If you can't live for 5-6 days w/o your diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper, maybe you shouldn't cruise anyway.:mad:

Wow so important you need huge type and emphasis to make your snobish remarks. I should not respond to the trolls but I must. You know that couple wanted to play golf, but your friend was too busy looking for something wrong to have fun. So sad.

RUF

I can honestly say that I've never been approached to join a swinging couple in Wal Mart. Maybe I'm shopping in the wrong ones? :rolleyes:

Why does everyone on these boards find that this is such a critical issue? Why do you feel the need to take a cooler with you? They have drinks, ice, anything you need onboard. I don't take a cooler with me, if only b/c it is just another thing to drag along. It isn't worth the effort. If you can't live for 5-6 days w/o your diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper, maybe you shouldn't cruise anyway.:mad:

We always bring a ice chest on board....Do we need it? Probabley not...

It is just convienent for us...It is not a hassle..

Archived