El Tigre or Boatyard Excursion?

chefb1

Can anyone tell me which of these excursions would be better? El Tigre or the Boatyard excursion out of Barbados? Family of 4....two girls 14 and 7. This is our second cruise and we booked all our excursions through the cruise ship last time. After much reading, looks like most "experienced cruisers" book independent excursions.

Any feedback or other recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Tracy

Can't help you with El Tigre, but we did go the the Boatyard and had a wonderful time. Lots for the kids to do. We didn't have young ones with us like you do, but there were plenty of others who did and the kids appeared to be having a great time. It' s clean, facilities, chairs and umbrellas to rent. You can rent jet skis, go out snorkling, a rope swing (off the pier and into the water) We would definitly go back when in Barbados again.:)

Both are great, it all depends on if you want to spend the day on a boat (my choice) or hanging out at the beach. The girls would enjoy either.

Both are located in Bridgetown, walking distance (15 mins from the cruise ship teminal) so it would be possible to poke your nose around town at the same time. Great Duty Free shoping!

We just got back from crusing last week. My boys 20 & 17 both agreed the best time they had (all week) was at the Boatyard. The loved the swing. And they did rent jet skis. If you rent, try to get a good price, they wanted $50 for a 1/2 hour, we got them down to $40. Two girls (sitting next to us) got it for $30. The beach was very clean. We rode a taxi $3 from the pier, I think it would have been a long walk.!

Archived