My fare has dropped - what to do!!

curiousx

I just got a call from our travel agent that our cruise fare for the Pride (7 days, Bridgetown to Bridgetown in December) has dropped by over $1000. We are being given the choice of getting refund or an upgrade. Currently they have booked us into a Category A suite on deck 4. I fugure I can do a lot with $1000 and am inclined to go for that option...what would you do ?

If they offer you an upgrade to a B category (for Juliette balcony), take the upgrade. If they upgrade you to a higher deck in A category, take the refund. It's such a small ship that it doesn't matter whether you have a suite on decks 4, 5 or 6. Avoid the C category - the views from these 2 rooms are very disappointing.

While being able to breathe in that fresh sea air IS nice, it's not IMHO worth a thousand dollars! We were upgraded to a balcony cabin this spring - and were delighted (since we hadn't paid for it). But given the opportunity to fork over an extra thou for a 'balcony' that you can only lean out of, not even step out onto....well, that would not be my choice.

Applying the $1000 to your next cruise sounds like an ideal option.

Many thanks for these reponses. I really like the notion of applying the $1000 to a deposit for our next cruise and hope we won't miss the balcony all that much.

In the past, we have booked 'run of the ship' at the lowest price available and always been fortunate enough to be upgraded to a balcony suite on B deck. For this cruise, there was no 'run of the ship' option so we booked Category A.

That said, I have noticed in the past that the Category A suites are often occupied by guest lecturers and entertainers. If there are enough of 'them' then maybe we will be bumped up anyway. Now that would be sweet.

I agree. If it's "balcony" I would do it, but otherwise no. I'm in an A for the November 24th sailing and HOPING for an upgrade. Odd though that you just found out the fare "dropped" as this has been on 50% sale since about April 1st.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived