Dining on the Emerald?

Cruising Crew

Hi Folks - we are booked on the Emerald on 21 Aug out of Venice. In the past when we have cruised with Princess we have had dinner in Horizon Court on several occasions. We have a young child and find it easier to eat there. I understand Horizon Court may not be open at dinner - is this correct? If so what buffet dining option is there in the evening and how is it?

Thanks all :)

Hi Folks - we are booked on the Emerald on 21 Aug out of Venice. In the past when we have cruised with Princess we have had dinner in Horizon Court on several occasions. We have a young child and find it easier to eat there. I understand Horizon Court may not be open at dinner - is this correct? If so what buffet dining option is there in the evening and how is it?

I haven't cruised the Emerald -yet, but I understand it is very similar to the Caribbean Princess. The Horizon Court wasn't open every evening, but the Caribe Cafe' was open in its place. Caribe Cafe was aft, while the Horizon Court was port and starboard.

My recollection of Caribe Cafe was that it served much of the same food, was a little bit smaller, but the tables had linen napkins and flatware already in place. Waiters were stationed through-out and assisted with drink refills, etc... I think this is where the seafood buffet was held also.:)

Horizon Court is open 24 hours per day with some kind of service. I've heard that the evening buffet is really quite good.

Hi Rob

I understand that on the Emerald only Cafe Caribe, which is adjacent to the Horizon Court, is open for Dinner and that this closes after Dinner. The International Cafe on Plaza deck is, however, open 24 hours. Same applies, I believe, to Caribbean and Crown.

We JUST cruised Emerald, Barcelona to Venice May 29-June10.

Horizon is open 24/7 and the food was quite good.

The first night, before we left Barcelona, they had a seafood buffet which featured Maine Lobster Claws (cold) Alaska King Crab legs (cold), Boiled Shrimp (cold) with drawn butter or cocktail or tartar sauce PLUS hot food and comfort food for children. Believe me, it was better than the main dining room for exhausted travelers that night. There's also a pizza place that serves free hot pizza...same deck as Horizon...and it was delicious.

Extremely good fresh fruit always at Horizon. Club Caribe was fantastic late night for cold roast beef with horseradish sauce on fresh rye bread and CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES BY THE TON...and they also had hot food and salads and many other desserts.

Word of warning...there is a humongous charge for ice cream at the ice cream bar...like $3.95 for a small cup:eek: ...BUT ice cream is free and available every night in the main dining rooms and every afternoon at Horizon from 330 to 430...and I think we saw it the couple of times we ate in the main dining room for lunch.

Once aboard ship read your daily copy of Patter and find the times for eating in every restaurant every day...

The Caribe Cafe on the Emerald is located just aft of the Horizon Court(s). Caribe Cafe offers a buffet line with different items available every night. Caribe Cafe buffet is also open for very early breakfast. I don't know about lunch. I don't really like the crowding and food at Horizon Court. I love the non crowding and food, most of the time, at Caribe Cafe.

Archived