QE2 as a Private Yacht?

OceanLiner

Read the story about the worlds largest private yachts on the link below and carefully read the fourth paragraph from the bottom and the associated chart. The current yacht record holder is about to be usurped, and it just happens to be the same entity into which the QE2 is to pass hands.

Is it possible that the QE2 might be reused for another purpose? I have never quite understood the whole museum/hotel story. The timing and the dollars now make a bit more sense.

http://www.moranyachts.com/Upload/Article/43_1.pdf

It is nice to think about but

1) I am sure there is a nice long multi-page contract which details....in detail what can and can not be done with the ship.

2) The SOLAS elements would kick in for that too I would think if they put paying passengers on her and tried to sell space. OR That would be a damn lonely ship for just a couple folks rattling around.

I would imagine cunard will have put limitations and conditions of use in the contract of sale, like they did with the original Queen Mary. Even many years on, I dont think they will want it to turn into a disaster like with the original Queen Elizabeth.

Archived