RCI Insurance

Okay, I've read MANY posts about purchasing insurance from someone other than RCI. I have read Cruisecare's policy & I don't see anything that it doesn't cover. My DH & I have no pre-existing conditions. We are travelling in Sept. The policy covers delays caused by "inclement weather", including any reimbursements & additional expenses incurred catching up to the cruise. The only thing I can find is instead of a cash refund for cancelling anytime (which only some of the other companies give), it gives 75% of the non-refundable pre-paid vacation costs in cruise credits. What am I missing? It's cheaper than most of the insuremytrip companies.

This is my first cruise & I don't want to make a mistake!

The downside from purchasing insurance from the company you are traveling with is this: Should the company go bankrupt and out of business, you can bet their insurance will be no good! (I don't foresee that happening, tho!) Other than that, Cruisecare should suffice.

Here's the link to RCI. Click on "CruiseCare" & it will open an Adobe file with all the info. on the program. If this link doesn't get added, you can do a site search for "CruiseCare" on the royal caribbean site & you should get a page where you can open the file.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000YC48SFMWFj6VwMDPHAHRMGV:10kohi76p?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=229&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqType=faq

Archived