taxi from Tampa Port

montrealmaria

Hi we are a family of 5 and we did not book for the shuttle when our ship returns from our cruise. We will be returning to The Tampa port on August 5 with Carnival Legend and we will need transportation for a family of 5 to the Tampa airport. Any suggestions on what is the best mode to get to the airport? Our ship docks at 8AM but our flight is only at 5PM so we have alot of time,

Any suggestions are very welcomed!!!

Maria

I suggest you go over to the aquarium. I've heard they will store your luggage for you. There are plently of taxis coming and going from the port all day since a new group of people will be boarding the Legend after you. There is nothing worse they spending hours and hours in the airport after a cruise. Talk about shock! I would much rather spend those hours at the aquarium. It is right next to the pier. You should have no problem getting a taxi later in the day. We spent the night in Tampa after our Legend cruise, so we picked up our rental car and then came back to the aquarium.

An unrelated suggestion: I recommend being up on deck when the Legend goes under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (about 6:00 on the first night). We had early seating for dinner, so we just explained to our waiter that we would be right back after the bridge. He didn't seem to mind at all. It was a really cool experiece - something I'm glad I didn't miss.

Hello, I have lived in this area for 30 years! Here are some ideas, for a long day with kids. August is the hottest time of year, in florida. So, you could take the kids indoors to a kids museum, http://www.mosi.org

Or there is Adventure Island that has water slides and is lots of fun!

To get around Tampa with no metro, I guess you would have to take a taxi.

Have a great visit to Tampa.

Jules

Archived