Sofa beds on Golden Princess

erdooley

Hi! We're cruising w/ our 3 year old to AK next month. We're staying in a mini-suite. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the sofa bed works for sleeping. I've read where some of the Princess sofa beds fold out into a full bed, and some of them you sleep on in the folded up position, and when folded they are the same size as a twin. It would be nice if we could leave it folded for our daughter, but if it's the same depth as a regular sofa, (smaller than a twin), she would likely fall off. I was assuming it would have to be unfolded and then it's really hard to get out to the balcony. Just wondering.... This is our first cruise so other than what I've read on these boards, I really don't know what to expect. Thanks!

My daugther was 7 on our golden trip and she slept just fine on the pulled out sofa bed. It wasn't as large as a full size, but wider than a twin. I wouldn't recommend this for an adult as it is a sofa bed, but it is just fine for kids.

We used one of these cabins for our daughter (but on the Grand Princess) when she graduated college. The sofa bed was a real twin thickness mattress, and she was quite comfortable, with no complaints.

Still room to get past to get to the balcony.

Archived