Live From the Celebrity Summit: Brooks Falls

tapia

Real Quick--There were a TON of bears when I went the 24-25. Just wanted to let everyone know since I was getting scared because of the late winter.

The 2 days before I went no one saw anything, but they came out just for me~it was amazing!

I'll post a review when I get back :-)

I LOVE ALASKA!

Glad you are seeing so many. I have heard that "peak" season is not really until early July. Let's hope they stay there until July 9-12 :D .

Enjoy your trip.

John

I'm sure there will be a TON in July. I'm just so happy we saw as many as we did because a lot of people saw nothing ;-(

There were 2 mommas with 3 cubs each--1 set born just this spring & the other a year old. It was amazing. (especially watching them fish) You'll love it--def the highlight of my trip so far!

Real Quick--There were a TON of bears when I went the 24-25. Just wanted to let everyone know since I was getting scared because of the late winter.

The 2 days before I went no one saw anything, but they came out just for me~it was amazing!

I'll post a review when I get back :-)

I LOVE ALASKA!

Where is Brooks Falls?

Glad you are enjoying your cruise.

I'm sure there will be a TON in July. I'm just so happy we saw as many as we did because a lot of people saw nothing ;-(

There were 2 mommas with 3 cubs each--1 set born just this spring & the other a year old. It was amazing. (especially watching them fish) You'll love it--def the highlight of my trip so far!

I am soooo glad you got to see the bears. They are really a special part of Alaska. The fish are LATE this year, so the good fairy was with you. The bears in Hallo Bay are still feeding in the meadows-haven't even gotten close to the ocean/streams yet.

Heard from my friend's grandmother who lives in Kenai that it's a good year for bears. Really hope so as we're flying out of Soldotna in early August on a bear-viewing trip--I am alternately terrified and exhilirated as I think about it! Hope to post some pictures...

Where is Brooks Falls?

Glad you are enjoying your cruise.

I know. I'm SUPER lucky--but, it was amazing!

Do a search on google to see Brooks Falls--or Katmailand--that's how I found it.

I will post some pics when I get back.

You're right, the good fairy is w/me--the bears & weather are amazing!

I know. I'm SUPER lucky--but, it was amazing!

Do a search on google to see Brooks Falls--or Katmailand--that's how I found it.

We are driving from Anchorage to Denali the end of August but from what I could see, it seems like one has to fly to Brooks Falls or Katmailand? Would like to see bears somewhere but would rather not fly to see them.

Just returned as well, was at Brooks 27-30th. The bears are amazing! The salmon were few and far between on the 27 and 28th, and the bears were hungry - eating the whole fish - fighting over the fish caught. On the 29th the salmon had made it to the falls and were abundant, so the bears were at one point just eating the heads off and dropping the rest, then off to catch the next. Lots of sows with cubs down at The Corner (close to the lodge) creating bear jams.

Spring was late and the river is very low, so we considered ourselves very lucky to see so many bears with so few people! DS and I stood for hours watching the bears. At times for hours we were the only people there (with a couple of researchers and two rangers). They said in July it will be very crowded.

We camped there for 3 nights and we are not campers, but the facilities are great for us novices and I would highly recommend this economical way of visiting the bears.

Laura

Archived