PB Tom, when's your vacation? School supplies?

Cinderelli

Hi, there. heard through the ole' rumor mill you were vacationing in September. We will be there on the 3rd of September off the Conquest. Will you still be there???

And do the kids still need school supplies? If yes, what kinds so I don't duplicate?

Thanks! Can't wait to visit PB!

Mary Ellen and John boy from Cherry Hill :p

I will be leaving that day:(! Thanx for thinking of the kids, I'll paste a post that CozSally wrote a couple of months ago:

The Cozumel Chrysalis Groups supports children from less fortunate families by providing school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. For high school students, inscription fees and book fees are also paid. Chrysalis helped 186 students in the 2003-2004 school year that is just ending. The list for next year was just finalized yesterday and includes 276 students. Some of these students will move off the island over the summer, some will not pass the test to get into high school, so we anticipate a final number close to 250.

Gently used backpacks are fine, broken zippers and fraying edges are not. We want these kids to look like any other student at their school. Chrysalis collects cash donations and school supplies from island visitors all year long. The current NEED LIST includes glue sticks, scientific calculators, ink erasers and backpacks. Also, some schools are requiring blank computer diskettes. Other items can be purchased here if we still need them. Please no more pencils! We have a billion!

Thank you so much in advance for you generous donations!

Sally Hurwitch

Cozumel Chrysalis Group

Everything on that list is still needed, esp. backpacks and calculators. You can leave your donation with the bartenders or Luis, the G.M. and it'll get to Chrysalis and the kids!

Thanx again for your generosity, and have a great vacation...I know I will!!

Archived