Adventure of the Seas

So Im sailing on the Adventure out of San Juan on July 22nd. I was wondering, since the ship sets sail at 8:00, and our dinner is at 6:00, How will the lifeboat drill work and will dinner be cut short? I sure hope not:mad:

Works out well:

Muster Drill is at 6

Main Seating is at 6:30

Sail away Deck Party from 8-9:30

Just wear what ever you are going to wear to dinner to the Muster Drill. We sent one person back to the room to return the life jackets since the stairs and elevators were packed. It all works out perfectly! Enjoy and have fun.:p

Works out well:

Muster Drill is at 6

Main Seating is at 6:30

Sail away Deck Party from 8-9:30

Just wear what ever you are going to wear to dinner to the Muster Drill. We sent one person back to the room to return the life jackets since the stairs and elevators were packed. It all works out perfectly! Enjoy and have fun.:p

And if they change your departure time to 10 PM, the muster drill will take place between dinner seatings. Enjoy the AOS - its a great ship.

Go Bucks! :D:D:D

And if they change your departure time to 10 PM, the muster drill will take place between dinner seatings. Enjoy the AOS - its a great ship.

Go Bucks! :D:D:D

Thanks, This is the first cruise we have gone on witha 8PM departure, so was just a little curious.

O-H

Also thought of another question from reading some peoples comments.

People have said that RCCL fills the ship with P.R citizens if the cruise is not full. I have also heard of some of the shows being in spanish....is this true?

Anything else I should know about the AOS?

People have said that RCCL fills the ship with P.R citizens if the cruise is not full. I have also heard of some of the shows being in spanish....is this true?

There have been a number of previous posts regarding PR citizens getting a huge discount, but we met a couple from PR last March, and they had to pay a comparable price to what we paid. This argument can hold true with any sailing from any other port.

There were no shows in Spanish on our cruise. We actually thought that the atmosphere on this ship was the best of any cruise we had been on -- and we enjoyed all our previous cruises.

The AOS is a wonderful ship with a great crew. Enjoy your cruise.

So Im sailing on the Adventure out of San Juan on July 22nd. I was wondering, since the ship sets sail at 8:00, and our dinner is at 6:00, How will the lifeboat drill work and will dinner be cut short? I sure hope not:mad:

We are on your cruise as well, we have done the Barbados Route, and Muster was at 6:00 before 1st seating dinner, now looking forward to the Aruba run. The AOS is a lovely ship, and when we did the Barbados route, the ship had a lot of PR citizens on board, this did not create a problem at all, everyone was well behaved, and we saw non of the rudeness that other people have posted about, in fact our DD,11, met a group of PR girls and learnt some Spanish, while she was enjoying her cruise. The only rude people on the ship, were the models and film crew from America's Top Model.

Have a great time on your cruise, and if you want a nice relaxed evening, we'll see you in the Duck and Dog enjoying the music of Shane Tapper, a great guitar player and singer

We were on the June 17th cruise on AOS. There were many Puerto Ricans on board but they all seemed to be sweet, polite and pleasant to be around. I'm not aware of any shows being in Spanish. The AOS also handed out a sheet on the 2nd night saying that the 1 am curfew for teenagers would be enforced as well as the congregating on stairs etc. This made for a quieter and more enjoyable cruise. Overall we thought the cruisers on AOS were quieter and well behaved than on previous cruises on the NOS and VOS out of Miami. Possibly because the airfare to San Juan cuts out most of the party crowd. We booked AOS again in February because we enjoyed it so much. Plus you really pick up an extra port by sailing out of San Juan.

The chaos on departure day is the only thing you need to worry about.

We were on the June 17th cruise on AOS. There were many Puerto Ricans on board but they all seemed to be sweet, polite and pleasant to be around. I'm not aware of any shows being in Spanish. The AOS also handed out a sheet on the 2nd night saying that the 1 am curfew for teenagers would be enforced as well as the congregating on stairs etc. This made for a quieter and more enjoyable cruise. Overall we thought the cruisers on AOS were quieter and well behaved than on previous cruises on the NOS and VOS out of Miami. Possibly because the airfare to San Juan cuts out most of the party crowd. We booked AOS again in February because we enjoyed it so much. Plus you really pick up an extra port by sailing out of San Juan.

The chaos on departure day is the only thing you need to worry about.

Thanks all, Really do Appreciate it. Well our flight leaves ATL at 9:30am and we get into San Juan at 1:00pm. Im guessing the chaos is later right?

Chaos is on the return.... Get to the airport early. By ten am the lines can be three hours long.

If we're able to utilize AA's baggage program at the pier, and receive our boarding passes prior to disembarking (at least that's my understanding of the program), do we pretty much skip the chaos?? We have a 1:00 flight and I'm trying to sort of think through the process... Thanks :)

Archived