Cabanas at Half Moon Cay

Yes, you can rent them at Half Moon Cay! My family and I did it last year when we cruised on Holland America. Go to the Carnival website and look up shore excursions it should be listed. We had to wait until we got onboard to rent a cabana from the Pursers Desk. We were able to get off the ship first because we had the cabana...It was well worth it, I think we paid about $250 and there was refreshments, air-conditioning, a shower and space for all 4 of us. I am going on the Triumph next April and I will do it again. They charge you if you want to add more people, but we just had our friends rent clam-shells and set them up in close proximity to our cabana. I hope this helps!:)

Julie--there is a lot of information on the cabanas at the "Ports of Call" boards--it is under Private Islands--even has a chart that shows where they are located so you can know which color (location) you prefer when reserving the cabana.

If you're on HAL, you can reserve one ahead of time (and I would do this, because I believe they rarely are available once you get on the ship). We paid $219 this past Feb. for the turquoise cabana (for four people). The cabana showed up on the excursion list for rental mid-May and I booked it that day.

We added on the butler package once we were on the ship. I think it was an additional $270 (for four people).

If you are on Carnival, I don't believe you can reserve a cabana in advance. I also don't believe the butler package is available, but just having a cabana is a real treat.

Having the cabana was really a great way to spend our time on HMC. We ended up inviting a couple we'd met here at CC to join us for the day, and we had a ball.

Here's Ziggy's Webshots page. She has three folders with pictures of the cabanas and HMC.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ziggy638

Yes, you can rent them at Half Moon Cay! My family and I did it last year when we cruised on Holland America. Go to the Carnival website and look up shore excursions it should be listed. We had to wait until we got onboard to rent a cabana from the Pursers Desk. We were able to get off the ship first because we had the cabana...It was well worth it, I think we paid about $250 and there was refreshments, air-conditioning, a shower and space for all 4 of us. I am going on the Triumph next April and I will do it again. They charge you if you want to add more people, but we just had our friends rent clam-shells and set them up in close proximity to our cabana. I hope this helps!:)

There isnt anything listed on Carnival webite...will have to do some more investigating as we are considering doing the same.

There isn't anything listed on Carnival website...will have to do some more investigating as we are considering doing the same.[/quote

Hi Diane~I believe there is nothing posted on the website because all of the cabanas are already rented :(. Keep on checking! The next best thing might be the clam shells, but they are also not listed and I'm not sure if this is something to do once we get on board. So much to do, so little time:eek:

If you are on Carnival, I don't believe you can reserve a cabana in advance. I also don't believe the butler package is available, but just having a cabana is a real treat.

That is why you can't find them to reserve on the Carnival website.

You have to wait until you board the ship. If you want a cabana, and who wouldn't, then you want to hear straight to the excursion desk once you board.

Yellowcabana.jpg

I wish I was here right now

That is why you can't find them to reserve on the Carnival website.

You have to wait until you board the ship. If you want a cabana, and who wouldn't, then you want to hear straight to the excursion desk once you board.

Yellowcabana.jpg

I wish I was here right now

I wonder why Carnival doesn't put the cabanas on their website? It was so easy to reserve ours in advance (through HAL). As popular as the cabanas are, you'd think there'd be a mob scene at the Carnival excursion desk.

That's a great picture of the yellow cabana...I wish I was there!!!!

Here's what I found in the excursion info from our cruise...

The "Over the Water" Grand Cabana

Complete with a Hot Tub, bar, restrooms, showers, private access to the water, lounge chairs and hammock. A butler, personal chef and cabana boy will be there to cater to your every need. A BBQ lunch is served including hamburgers, hot dogs, fresh fish, and BBQ chicken, brownies and cookies. This package is for up to 12 guests (for $1,195). Additional guests are $99 per person.

The day we were on HMC, this was being used. You'll see it as you tender in to the dock.

Does anyone have any information regarding the Private Oasis on Half Moon Cay ?

It looks nice, doesn't it?

I looked at your cruise blog, but there's no contact information, Robert. Will you be adding that soon?

Hey gumballz how goes it? I see your headed to Half Moon Cay in April. You should have come with us in Jan. silly girl. :p We are headed for the Mexican Riviera in March, strange we are sailing almost the same thing just opposite each other. We are going to do the private oasis on Half Moon Cay and splitting the cost with the other fellow cruisers we cruised with last year. Should be great fun. :D Too bad were not cruising together again. :(

It looks nice, doesn't it?

I looked at your cruise blog, but there's no contact information, Robert. Will you be adding that soon?

Thanks for pointing that out gumballz.. I will add it now. I can be emailed at RobertGt07@yahoo.com

Bbiggar, that is great that your plat. status got you early booking of an excursion. My PVP says he has never heard of anyone (except Uncle Bob ) get an excursion opened in advance. Way to go, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Here's what I found in the excursion info from our cruise...

The "Over the Water" Grand Cabana

Complete with a Hot Tub, bar, restrooms, showers, private access to the water, lounge chairs and hammock. A butler, personal chef and cabana boy will be there to cater to your every need. A BBQ lunch is served including hamburgers, hot dogs, fresh fish, and BBQ chicken, brownies and cookies. This package is for up to 12 guests (for $1,195). Additional guests are $99 per person.

The day we were on HMC, this was being used. You'll see it as you tender in to the dock.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you supplying this information for me. :D

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you supplying this information for me. :D

Have a great time on HMC! If you rent the "big" cabana, you'll have to let us know how things went. I'd not heard of this until we were on the ship. I was looking through the excursion sheets when I came across the info on the grand cabana. If you have a big group, this could really be a lot of fun! :)

Have a great time on HMC! If you rent the "big" cabana, you'll have to let us know how things went. I'd not heard of this until we were on the ship. I was looking through the excursion sheets when I came across the info on the grand cabana. If you have a big group, this could really be a lot of fun! :)

And definitely post some photos of the Big Cabana please.:D

Archived