Lookin for 3-4 night GBR / Whitsunday cruise

farm girl

My husband and I will be getting off at Sydney harbour after a 12 night cruise from NZ on April 14, 2008. We plan to fly to the GBR / Whitsunday's for a few nights. I have looked at Coral Princess, Captain Cook, Reef Odyssey and others. I have read travel books and magazines. Has anyone actually done this? It is hard to tell what is best for us. We don't want the most expensive, but we want it to be a great experience and comfortable. We are in our 50's and 60's. Coral Princess is about 2,000 USD per person for 4 nights and Captain Cook is about 1500 for 4 nights. I also need to know about the weather in April. I think we need a larger boat because I get sea sick:eek: if the weather is bad. Thank You

My husband and I will be getting off at Sydney harbour after a 12 night cruise from NZ on April 14, 2008. We plan to fly to the GBR / Whitsunday's for a few nights. I have looked at Coral Princess, Captain Cook, Reef Odyssey and others. I have read travel books and magazines. Has anyone actually done this? It is hard to tell what is best for us. We don't want the most expensive, but we want it to be a great experience and comfortable. We are in our 50's and 60's. Coral Princess is about 2,000 USD per person for 4 nights and Captain Cook is about 1500 for 4 nights. I also need to know about the weather in April. I think we need a larger boat because I get sea sick:eek: if the weather is bad. Thank You

Hey there Farm Girl, Our group is also going to the GBR. However, we are flying from Sydney to Cairns. The rates through Virgin Blue or Web Jet is very very good....and then you can plan your own hotel or try Swain Tours. It will save you a heap!. April will be the beginning of the Fall Season for Australia. Hope this helps PinkSuit

Thank you for the information. I am still researching for short overnight trips on the GBR. I have a friend I hope to see next week who is from NZ and maybe she has cruised the GBR. Otherwise, Captain Cook may be my answer.

Thank You

Archived