Pool Toys?

wework2play

This question is for someone who has been on a cruise with kids- Should I take pool toys such as swim goggles, floaties, beach balls, etc... for the kids? Do they allow them in the pools on the ship, and will they be of any use while in port? I know we are going to Sunset beach in MoBay.

We've been on a cruise before, but not with kids, and I don't recall much about this.

Thanks!

I usually bring pool toys for the beach.

Onboard ship they usually don't allow pool toys because of the amount of space they take up. My kids use goggles, never had a problem with them- though I have had a problem with water wings in the past, it depends on the lifeguard on duty.

My son has learned to swim since, thank goodness, because it broke my heart wo see him lose the freedom of swimming on his own with his "swimmies"

As mentioned, they aren't allowed on the ship... but I never saw anything like that at Sunset MoBay... they may have a kids pool that we didn't see... we stayed around the 2 main pools and didn't see anything like that, but that isn't to say it wasn't allowed.

Carnival doesn't have lifeguards and doesn't allow most swim toys. Everyone swims at their own risk. When in doubt if they will allow swimmies, you might want to go in with the child. Some ships will also have an adults only pool. Designations of what pools are available should be in your Capers.

Archived