Romance Packages - Worth it or a waste?

It will be our first time cruising and also our honeymoon, and I was wondering if these packages were worth it. I'd love to get the one with the robes, but I wasn't sure if this was something that was really nice or a waste of money.

Have you done one of these? Which one? Did you enjoy it? Have any recommendations?

I have never really traveled, and I'd really like to make this special!

We've done the package thing a few times. The robes will be nice for you if you have a balcony. The 8 x 10 picture is also nice. The hors'de ouvers and petite fors are "okay".

If you price out the things that you want separately, and figure out the things that you don't want you may or may not be better off with the package.

We are also trying to decide on one for our upcoming cruise. We already have the robes, so other than having a few extra for home, we don't really need them. If we do the "ultimate" romance package, we can do Dom Perignon. Not being a champagne drinker, I can pass on that. I'll order some Korbel and orange juice from room service. Your breakfast in bed is a choice of french toast or omelettes. Last time, I was able to arrange with the maitre d' eggs benedict and you might be able to do the same. The hor's ourves are small slices of bread with a salmon mousse or something similiar...like I said not that great, plus you will have more than enough to eat throughout the day. One night we got chocolate covered strawberries, and they were good, but you can order those separately too.

Just a thought, but the "picnic for two" was also nice to have and less $$$

I do like the flowers from the package. It makes the room smell really nice when you walk in.

Bottom line...flowers...$39.95, strawberries...$14.95, robes....$49.99 x 2, framed picture (it is your honeymoon)..$49.95. Throw in the formal night stuff and the bottle of champagne and a hot breakfast in bed and it is probably a good deal for the first time.

Jean

Thanks for the great info, jmurph!! We are going on our 20th anniversary cruise next year, and your info really helps. I was trying to decide if we wanted any packages, or just individual items. The room decorations and cake are well worth the money, by the way. We've done that before. Thanks.

When we sailed on the Paul Guigan in Tahiti you could order hor's ourves from room service..no charge.

We have been given a beautiful bottle of champagne as a gift and we want to plan our own sail away party. Does anyone know if snacks can be ordered from room service on sailing day and if they are included in the cruise package

When we sailed on the Paul Guigan in Tahiti you could order hor's ourves from room service..no charge.

We have been given a beautiful bottle of champagne as a gift and we want to plan our own sail away party. Does anyone know if snacks can be ordered from room service on sailing day and if they are included in the cruise package

Room service generally isnt available for a few hours after the ship sails. There is always food available somewhere, though. I would suggest making a to go tray from one of the buffets and stashing it in your cabin if you prefer the seclusion. Room service, for the entire cruise is included with cruise fare. ( sodas/spirits are extra).

We are going on our honeymoon 10/22 on VOS as well. Personally, I think the packages are a bit high, unless you love everything in one of them. We love lounging about the cabin in the robes, too, but- You dont have to buy a package to cozy up in one - there will be 2 in the cabin to use during the cruise, as well as info on buying a new, unopened one to keep.

Hope this helps.

if you had the credit card and used the points it is worth it for the price the grand package is still a smart bargin go for it have a happy and enjoyable life together sail this nov for our twenty fifth i always get the packages for my wife

cei3,

The picnic includes a bottle of wine, wine glasses,small tablecloth, crackers, cheese, pepperoni, lobster pate and pretzels..and some other munchies. We also went up to the buffet and asked for a plate of cheese from the deli station. Stored the leftovers in baggies, so we had some for the next night(s) as well. Oh, then you get a little picnic basket to take home.

Whatever you do , have fun.

Jean

Room service generally isnt available for a few hours after the ship sails. There is always food available somewhere, though. I would suggest making a to go tray from one of the buffets and stashing it in your cabin if you prefer the seclusion. Room service, for the entire cruise is included with cruise fare. ( sodas/spirits are extra).

We are going on our honeymoon 10/22 on VOS as well. Personally, I think the packages are a bit high, unless you love everything in one of them. We love lounging about the cabin in the robes, too, but- You dont have to buy a package to cozy up in one - there will be 2 in the cabin to use during the cruise, as well as info on buying a new, unopened one to keep.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that is a big help. I wasn't sure if the robes would be in the room on RCCL and we will get a plate of goodies from buffet if possible. We will join the others on deck for the sail under the Lions Gate Bridge.

Are the dinner sittings available on first day or does everyone eat in the Windjammer?

Archived