Need a recommendation on a place to eat lunch!

jimbug

Hi,

We will be on a private tour with Beau of No Rush Tours in August. Now, we just need to decide where to eat lunch! Beau usually recommends that his tour stops at Paradise View for lunch. While I appreciate his recommendation, we are NOT seafood/fish eaters at all, and I feel we'd probably be hard-pressed to have a large selection from which to choose.

Here's what we'd like to find:

- someplace with a lot of non-fish choices to eat

- reasonably-priced (we don't want to spend more than $15 or so each)

- not too fancy...we'll be in beach wear, so we probably won't be dressed for some of the finer establishments on the island :p

- preferably not in the Philipsburg area, as during lunchtime, we'll be closer to Simpson Bay, Grand Case, or Marigot...though we are open to other options, because the tour can be modified

Thanks!!!

From personal experience:

These will all offer at least chicken and ribs.

If you're in Marigot and just want to grab a bite and a cold beer before you move on, consider Toro's Corner.

In Grand Case, if you want something local/cheap/casual, consider the LoLo's. Talk of the Town and Sky's the Limit are both great.

If you want a step up while in Grand Case, consider Calmos Cafe. Eat with your toes in the sand.

If you could hold out until Dawn Beach, our most favorite place on the island for food on the beach is M's B's.

gary

p.s. I'm hungry for ribs now.

p.p.s Most of the photos in my PhotoBucket have additional shots, as well.

Thanks, Gary. These all sound delicious. If we're in Grand Case around lunchtime, we'll definitely hit up one of the lolos. Otherwise, we'll make a dash for Ms. B's. I'm hungry now. :)

Loved the Lolo's in Grand Case. DH and I happened upon them while driving all over the island. I took some really pretty pics in the bay behind the Lolo's and the BBQ''d ribs, chicken and rice & beans was delicious!

We really wanted to take the ferry over to Pinel to eat there, but the ferry was on strike that day. :(

GrandCase.jpg.be4dd690689ab33b8b921f120a0f7aaf.jpg

GrandCasea.jpg.a0468994f505bddb38262cd30d73afac.jpg

If you go to Pinel take lots of cash as they don't accept credit cards. The ferry is about $12/person and the chairs are $12 each. Food is very expensive. Also, you need to go early as there are a limited number of chairs and those are taken quickly.

Archived