discount?

Curtis6978

Are you wanting to know how much is the discount? I think that changes with each sailing. But, our experience is it is worthwhile. You will need to fax them a copy of your DD214 (if no longer active) - sorry I do not know what they need if you are still active.

It's going to be different from ship to ship and sailing to sailing.

Also know that there are limited number of discounts available to each sailing.

For specifics, you should either call Carnival or ask your travel agent

The size of the discount depends on the ship, How full it is when you make your booking and the number of other military people are on that voyage. This trip will be the third time I used it and it is well worth the effort.

Carnival offers a limited number of deep discounts to the following members of the United States military.

• Active personnel
  • Retired personnel
  • Reserve personnel
  • Cadets
  • US Coast Guard personnel
  • Active members of the National Guard
  • Uniformed members of the USPHS
  • Veterans (for the Carnival program defined as individuals who have actively served in the military for at least two years or during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged.)

Documentation detailing affiliation to the military is required (a photocopy of current military ID, retired military ID or DD-214, and a driver's license). Failure to provide proper documentation will result in re-pricing of the cruise to the current non-resticted fare. Eligible personnel are no longer allowed to purchase multiple cabins.

My personal experience is that the discount varies not only from ship to ship, but also over time. For my current vacation, I looked at it starting a year out, and at one point it dropped by several hundred dollars (at which point I bought :D ). Since that time, it went back up, and is currently no longer available for this sailing.

The carnival program is to my knowledge the only one that allows veterans to participate -- as opposed to active duty and retired.

My advice is to find a site that posts the military rate and check frequently. Cruise Critic sometimes advertises one of these sites, so click on one of the ads and check it out (sorry, not allowed to mention travel agencies)

On another note, does anyone know if CCL offers discounts for full time first responders such as fire or police?

Not that I'm aware of. Only active duty, retired, or honorably discharged veterans.

There are a few websites that have prices shown for the military rates. I wish carnival actually showed these rates on their site but they don't. If you do a google search for military cruise rates you should find a few sites that show them. Not all sailings have military rates offered. Our Freedom sailing started out with them but now they have none left.

We sailed with a friend that was retired military. He was able to get a discount for his cabin along with 2 other cabins. So we got 3 rooms at the military rate. The discount was so good we were able to get a oceanview room cheaper that what we were originally going to pay for an inside cabin. :o Also, he and my husband are also police officers and we didn't get any discounts for that. The travel agent said there were none.

My travel agent was able to get us the discount on NCL even though I retired four years ago, not sure if carnival's policy is the same

Carnival's policy is a DD-214 that shows 2+ years on it.

Fred

We sailed with a friend that was retired military. He was able to get a discount for his cabin along with 2 other cabins. So we got 3 rooms at the military rate. The discount was so good we were able to get a oceanview room cheaper that what we were originally going to pay for an inside cabin.

You can no longer do this. You can now only get one cabin per discount, and the veteran or serviceman must be in that room (you cannot buy it for someone else).

Its around 300.00 off, I just booked and thats what I got. Others have been averging 300.00 off.

Fred

Sounds about right. That is per-person, and strangely enough for the first and second persons only. The 3rd and 4th were actually more than 1st and 2nd on my cruise, so I got an outside and inside for less than 4 in a single cabin.

When we sail in February on the Conquest, we have 2 past guests, 2 Seniors, one of whom is also a Veteran.

Pricing-wise, we did substantially better with the Past Guest discount. The military discount on that cruise was only about $100 discount with no upgrade, while our past guest price was a $200 discount plus we received an upgrade from 4a to 4g. This pricing was per cabin for 2 cabins.

On another note, does anyone know if CCL offers discounts for full time first responders such as fire or police?

When I booked for our Oct. cruise I was told Carnival does not offer discounts for police. I wish they did.

to check a particular cruise military rate enter code pm2 and for past guest enter dp7. past guest discounts are on all cruises but military only on some, so if it doesn't let you use that code it means the discount is not available. why not just call carnival and ask though. they are very helpful. good luck.

smiles, b

to check a particular cruise military rate enter code pm2 and for past guest enter dp7. past guest discounts are on all cruises but military only on some, so if it doesn't let you use that code it means the discount is not available. why not just call carnival and ask though. they are very helpful. good luck.

smiles, b

Though I have gotten veteran discounts via a PVP I have never been able to actually get the "promo code" for the military discount to actually work on Carnival's web site, just curious if others have same problem. I have checked another web site to verify that a particular sailing had the rates available just never able to get them to show up on the Carnival site.

Here are the current offers for the military rates. We just ordered our trip out of Galveston

http://www.lacklandservices.com/ITT.html

Thank you for posting that link. I live in San Antonio and am retired military -- twelve years after retirement, I forget to check through IT&T when running through discounts I'm eligible for. Thank you for reminding me.

Here are the current offers for the military rates. We just ordered our trip out of Galveston

http://www.lacklandservices.com/ITT.html

Great link. Also, don't forget to check around a bit. My TA gave an additional discount on top of the military rate. Others may give a free excursion, upgrade, or onboard credit.

• 1 month later...
When I booked for our Oct. cruise I was told Carnival does not offer discounts for police. I wish they did.

you know they really should. it's always law enforcement protecting and handling security at most ports...no respect

Archived