switching rooms

sailgirl

spacer.gifpost_corner.gif

We, of course had to put an adult in each cabin to book. We did this on RCCL & HAL and they switched the cabins for us right at the port during check in. Does anyone know how to work this on Carnival? Will they change the names in each room at the port or do we have to take care of it onboard? Thanks guys. icon_confused.gif

spacer.gif Will they change the names in each room at the port or do we have to take care of it onboard?

Can you clarify what you mean by "change the names"? Will Carnival let 2 kids share a room on board? I thought that there had to be an adult in the room.

We recently sailed on the Valor with our three children. We went to the pursers desk to switch myself and my son and had no problem because he is over 21. The person at the pursers desk told us that each room has to have someone over 21 registered in it. If your other room will not have anyone over 21, then they will issue you an extra key for the room, but will not officially make switches.

If you are sailing with your children, and they are in a cabin next to yours or across the hall from you, than you can go ahead and book the children together and the adults together. If you are booking guarantee cabins, you will need to put an adult in each cabin, since you do not know where the cabins will be.

We just did this on the Triumph. My DH was booked with one daughter in a balcony and I was in an inside just down the hall with our other DD and of their friends. Their parents were also in a balcony. When we got on board, I went to the pursers desk and just got an extra key for each room. They didn't question anything. The only bad thing was then my daughter and I each had 2 cards, on S&S and another key. We just put them both on a lanyard and they were always both accessible. It was easy for us to tell them apart because our S&S was gold and the extra key was blue and red and had the last 2 numbers of our room on them.

When I booked my cruise through a TA the reservation came back with my husband and I split up with one of our kids with each of us. She said even though the rooms are right next to each other we could not book our two kids (18 and 14) in a room together without an adult. We are just going to get extra keys when we get onboard. No big deal. Maybe it depends on who you book through, but we could not get our teens booked in a room without us.

If you are sailing with your children, and they are in a cabin next to yours or across the hall from you, than you can go ahead and book the children together and the adults together. If you are booking guarantee cabins, you will need to put an adult in each cabin, since you do not know where the cabins will be.

Five posts before the right answer.

When I booked my cruise through a TA the reservation came back with my husband and I split up with one of our kids with each of us. She said even though the rooms are right next to each other we could not book our two kids (18 and 14) in a room together without an adult. We are just going to get extra keys when we get onboard. No big deal. Maybe it depends on who you book through, but we could not get our teens booked in a room without us.

Your TA doesn't know her job. Get a new one.

We just did this on the Triumph. My DH was booked with one daughter in a balcony and I was in an inside just down the hall with our other DD and of their friends. Their parents were also in a balcony. When we got on board, I went to the pursers desk and just got an extra key for each room. They didn't question anything. The only bad thing was then my daughter and I each had 2 cards, on S&S and another key. We just put them both on a lanyard and they were always both accessible. It was easy for us to tell them apart because our S&S was gold and the extra key was blue and red and had the last 2 numbers of our room on them.

So if you add a soda card, is that a full house?:D

Archived