Tell me about AFT rooms on the Sun

jennew

We are booked for room 8278. Anyone have any inputs...thoughts...pictures????

We were just in 8066 (port side) on the Sun to Alaska the week of June 10. . . 8278 is at the aft but should be the same look & layout as 8066.

We found the cabin to be very comfortable . . . we had plenty of room for our stuff and the balcony was a definite must!!

Here are a couple of photos . . . In the photo on the left, the unit on the left side of the picture is a combination desk/3 drawers/television stand/fridge/minibar/couple of small shelves. We were getting ready for the lifeboat drill, hence the life jackets on the couch. There is a storage shelf at the top of the closet for the life jackets . . . .

In the photo on the right, the white unit behind the bed is the bathroom. Small, but just fine given the amount of time spent there :D . There were 3 shelves on the right & left side of the bathroom mirror which were fine for toiletries. A small round shower and a short clothes line if you needed to rinse something out & hang to dry.

On the right side of that photo is the closet. Plenty of room for our clothes & the closet also included several shelves. Facing the closet, on the right side was a small cabinet that a couple of shelves & a safe. Below that was a shelf with coffee pot and three drawers below that. There could have been more hangers . . . but I packed my clothes on my own hangers so all I had to do was take them out of the suitcase & hang them in the closet.

On the right side of the bed is also a small shelf.

We'd never been on a cruise before and from what we'd heard, we thought the cabins would be really small. We were both pleased with the size and how well NCL utilized the space in the room.

Couch was comfy & there were two "webbed" type chairs & a small table on the balcony.

Have a great cruise!!!!

1346804752_Alaska2007020.jpg.e3687c580240bd94bc5481f3a2b8d14c.jpg

265733995_Alaska2007021.jpg.6bdee34b5f125b504c32bdcabd45b3e0.jpg

Jennew –

We did the W. Caribbean in cabin 8278 in Dec. 04. It was our very first cruise and introduction to an aft cabin. We enjoyed the balcony sooo much. All cruises since were in an aft cabin and the next three will be as well. Only way to cruise. I also remember very fondly the little deck under the awning above the outdoor bar and restaurant on the stern.

Our pictures are at www.juergen.smugmug.com under W. Caribbean DEC 04.

jennew:

My wife and I have sailed in Suite 9276 on the Sun in 2004 and have the same cabin booked for next March. We have also sailed aft on Sea Princess and on the Norway.

We love the aft and watching the wake. We also love the sound of the ship moving through the water. We have never been bothered by engine noise or vibration as a few others are.

Another HUGE advantage of an aft cabin is that you get very little foot traffic outside your cabin. The only people back there are people who need to be back there...it is not on the way to anywhere else.

Have a great trip!

Eric

Archived